[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Respite - Guardianship - Carer's assessment? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Respite - Guardianship - Carer's assessment?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi Billie
Well that's reassuring to know, thank you for getting back to me. Do you know about how long the processs takes from phoning SS to seeing if mum gets her care paid for or not. Thanks
Hi everyone, not been on the forum for a while, as I am sure that you can all appreciate, I've been too busy with just getting on with things, however, after several meetings with my daughter's social worker etc, he has eventually agreed to present her case to the panel that make the decision on whether or not to grant the funding for respite next week. Keeping all my fingers crossed, wish me luck!!!
I have a 37 year old son with SLD, mental age 3-4. I have no legal relationship with him, but I care for him part time. You cannot be forced to care, as she is an adult. To force their hand, send a letter recorded delivery saying "I will be going away on...for...days., and will not be available to care for my daughter.