[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Reporting Care Agency issues to CQC - what a joke - Page 2 -Carers UK Forum

Reporting Care Agency issues to CQC - what a joke

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
butterfly68 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:02 pm
Is CQC a Government body? That would explain why they don't operate as they make out. People don't need obfuscation, they need common decency for what they stand for... Looks like, like most agencies; they've really lost touch with being a 'service' to society.
They’re independent as far as I understand. I see no point in them actually. I met a CQC inspector when she visited my mother’s first (poor) care home and she talked to Mum and myself and I clearly remember Mum telling her that she didn’t get enough food. She made a note of this and said “you must ask for more and never go hungry.” Yet when her report was published there was no mention whatsoever of what we reported to her and they got a “Good” rating.
Oh that’s terrible! When you’ve gone to the trouble of reporting issues and then they get disregarded!
It’s worth bearing in mind in future that “good “ probably counts for nothing!
David_0406 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:45 pm
Oh that’s terrible! When you’ve gone to the trouble of reporting issues and then they get disregarded!
It is terrible David and really annoyed me when I read the report.

One day I arrived to visit Mum and the owner came running out to the car park (which she never did) and said “the CQC inspector has arrived unannounced. She needs to speak to some residents and their family so would you have a chat with her?” Mum had not been in there long and there were a few issues I was not happy with but every time I tried to speak to the owner or the Manager they fobbed me off. Shen then said and I will always remember it “if you could just highlight the positive things here and the little niggles we will sort out when we get together.” Like a fool I believed her and did as she asked but felt uncomfortable. She asked about the food and Mum said she was often not given enough which I thought would definitely go in the report but it didn’t.
Penny wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:34 pm
David_0406 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:45 pm
It is terrible David and really annoyed me when I read the report.

One day I arrived to visit Mum and the owner came running out to the car park (which she never did) and said “the CQC inspector has arrived unannounced. She needs to speak to some residents and their family so would you have a chat with her?” Mum had not been in there long and there were a few issues I was not happy with but every time I tried to speak to the owner or the Manager they fobbed me off. Shen then said and I will always remember it “if you could just highlight the positive things here and the little niggles we will sort out when we get together.” Like a fool I believed her and did as she asked but felt uncomfortable. She asked about the food and Mum said she was often not given enough which I thought would definitely go in the report but it didn’t.
For a long time now, I have had to come to the conclusion; bureaucracy exists for 'professionals' to protects their own backsides, never-mind the jobs they are entrusted to do and what they are paid for - more often than not with Tax Payers money.
Supposedly public "servants"?!?!
It is a constant uphill battle with any of the agencies.
I am in the process of claiming back care fees from CHC and they are making it so difficult. I am getting conflicting information as to what to do..... Not to mention being on hold on the phone for ages at a time :(