[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
REPLY FROM DAVID CAMERON - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

REPLY FROM DAVID CAMERON

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
And mine Daisy! All the best. I think your a star taking on even more tasks. You mind you dont go and over work like I tried to do when Jill first became really ill with the mini strokes. I was up half the night and Decorating 8 hrs a day, 6 days a week, coming home and cooking, cleaning, shopping....you name it, I was trying to do it. Of course I didn't realize that she was so ill at the time or I wouldn't have left her on her own for so long. The trouble was, we desperately needed the money to pay for all our comittments and I couldn't see what else to do. I had to pack up working altogether in the end and lost everything we'd worked so hard for over 40 odd years.
I had to go on benefits for only the second time in my life. The first being when I had a hip replacement at 46 yrs old. I was off for 13 weeks with only £79 per week to live on. I had a £6,000 overdraft at the end of it all. Image

Stay cool as they say now and try not to worry too much about the interview. I bet you walk it!

Pete x
Wishing you all the best Lazydaisy, I know you will do
really well, and the agency and local hospitals will be lucky to have you.
I DONT WANT TO RANT AND RAVE BUT MY HEAD IS THUMPING AT THE MINUTE MY MUM IS TO ILL TO COME TO MU HOUSE FOR RESBITE THIS CRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR AS MUM NORMALLY DOES.

THE CANCER DRUGS ARE NOT WORKING AND CANNOT KEEP FOOD DOWN DUE TO HIATUS HERNIA SEVERE INFLUX.

SO AM I ILL AT PRENT CANNOT SLEEP ETC.

GETTING ABCK TO SARNIA JOY WHY DOES SARNIA JOY NOT SUPPORT US CARERS IN OUR MONUMENTOUS FIGHT FOR CARERS RIGHTS AND JUSTICES.

I DO AGREE THE IDEA SPEAKING AS A POLITICIAN NEVER IN SUPPORT OF OUR ROLES IS MY IMPRESSION IN POSTS.

THEY MUST HAVE A VERY RICH FAMILY MEMBER OR BOTTOM;LES PIT OF MONEY OR A VERY GENROUS BAMK MANAGER.

I HAVE NO SOCIAL LIFE NO MOVIES SMOKE OR DRINK NO LUXURIES SECOND HAND FURNITURE HERE AND THERE SKIMP HERE SKIMP THERE

BATTLE SOMETIMES PUSHED TO MY ENDS TETHER SEE MUM CRYING WITH PAIN CANNOT EAT OR SLEEP NOT WANIOTNG TO LIVE WELL I SEE ANGER DAILY AND FEEL ANGER AT MUMS SITUATION AND WHO NURSED FOR 42 YEARS HAS TO PUT UP WITH SO MUCH SHEIT EXISTANCE IS JUST LUDICROUS.

HOPEFULLY SARNIA JOY AND ROSEMARY AND CHARLES 47 UNDERSTAND MY POSTING AND WHERE I AM COMMING FROM.
KENNETH2DUNDEENOW FIFE
Hi Kenneth,

Sorry to hear mam ill again.It must be so hard for you.There will be so many others on here who can relate to your anger,frustrations,worries.

Where is your mam? Is she at home,in hospital? If she cant come to you, could you not go to her this year?

Sarnia Joy will speak for herself Kenneth but she does support issues for carers and only recently was interviewed on the Politics show about some of the problems she faces.A brave lady to do that.

Most of us want the same thing but the ways we try bring about change can differ.It does not mean any one particular way is right and that the others are wrong.We all chose our own paths and take action accordingly.

You know where we are Kenneth.

Be strong
Rosemary
x x

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry to hear mam ill again.It must be so hard for you.There will be so many others on here who can relate to your anger,frustrations,worries.

Where is your mam? Is she at home,in hospital? If she cant come to you, could you not go to her this year?

Sarnia Joy will speak for herself Kenneth but she does support issues for carers and only recently was interviewed on the Politics show about some of the problems she faces.A brave lady to do that.

Most of us want the same thing but the ways we try bring about change can differ.It does not mean any one particular way is right and that the others are wrong.We all chose our own paths and take action accordingly.

You know where we are Kenneth.

Be strong
Rosemary
x x

I can only agree, Rosemary - it takes a lot of courage to go "on the telly" and talk about your situation. There will always be disagreements about this or that. My big "beef" is the government's attitude towards carers as a resource to be used and not as people to be supported, given the massive contribution that carers make.
I think that the way things are now is just another excuse not to consider carers and making our lives better.

Carers have been realistic for 40 years and we still get paid a pittence.

Now they want us to work away from our caring as well.

Like I say the recession is just another excuse.

the other pxie has it right,,
i will work when i can have the time of to take amy to hospital with out geting penalised,

and wots this if u earn over a certain amount your carers allowance gets stopped??? just because u work dont mean u r not doing your caring.... i think ive faced facts the recognistion that we do work hard , we r tiered will never get the real credit we deserve, not just money but in society, i get looked at as a mum who dont work, its not like that, ive tried and each time left after being told amy has tooo many appointments, and yes i do have a nap in the afternoon, im 27 but if i dont i cnat get amy up in the night for her piddle, and she smore important sorry to say but id rather not work and know amy is getting all the care she needs
Wishing you all the best Lazydaisy, I know you will do
really well, and the agency and local hospitals will be lucky to have you.
I second that, good luck LazyDaisy, you go get em girl Image Image
Bluebird x
I work 20 hours a week 8/12 or 10/2 shifts during the day, this is respite for me. To enable me to work is the love and care of my family to support us, i.e daughter to make sure transport turns up for her big sis.....sometimes has a knockon effect if late for college. My twin she supports my daughter mon and fri whilst i work, tue,wed thurs day centre. Also my manager, its give and take i will ask her to swap a shift if im desperate and cannot find care elsewhere and visa versa. I know im very lucky but this has not happened overnight, ive used most of my holidays up, and as you point out if your caree is ill your flummoxed..... ive had a couple of weeks juggling my daughter was ill, i rarely pick up overtime and earn over the threshold for carers allowance. I feel very lucky as i know a lot of people dont have family or support of local services, but there again shes 23 and if ok would have flown the nest, but at the end of the day ,shes my gal and will only move on with support when shes ready ( i'l be in my box) Image .

some days i can go to work and think sanctuary, then some when im under stress and feel worn out ...i dont want to be here,sometimes my minds elsewhere Image you need a good network set up before contemplating work ...i feel as if its a full time job caring for a loved one anyway, higher the threshold for carers allowance to enable people to go to work BUT you need a good network set up......chheeeper to pay the carer~ not rocket science but a decent wage....well dammed if you do dammed if you dont. I think it should be up to the carer to work or not they know best......as said by the ramblings of a woman who's not had much kip, 2 family members with the bug Image and working,stressed, skint you know the score Image cos your there Image Image ........take care mand
We tried respite it was nothing but a disaster. Theres no way I'd ty it again. Unfortunately I need my knee opperating on so I'm in a conundrum at the moment.
Turbo can you opt to get someone in to stay at your home?

We did this when i went away for a few days in September ansd it worked really well. Image

Just a thought, you never know, maybe helpful. Image

marie x
While I have been ill, I have been wondering if it was any point going for interview, as would I be able to cope with work, and everything else?Seeing the support here, has really boosted me, so thank you to everyone. Image