[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
REPLY FROM DAVID CAMERON - Carers UK Forum

REPLY FROM DAVID CAMERON

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
DAIVID CAMERON . Has always regarded carers as the unsung hero`s of our society.
There are an estimated six million carers in the U.K. and each one plays a valuble and vital role,However,we believe the government could be doing more to support the family and informal carers.

as you may be aware the Conservative party has already announced a number of measures that we will implement when we reach government. we will ensure that every single person that cares for someone else has the right to request flexible working hours so that they can manage their career and their caring responsabilities in the best possible way.

We will also ensre that everyone who wishes to have direct payments can do so to ensure that they can get the support and assistance that they need and want, rather then being forced to fit around the provisions of local authority. in addition we want to establish clearer rigts to respite care in order to recognise the role played by volunteer carers, without whom local social services would be wholly incapable of meeting the needs of the disabled and chronically ill.

We greatly appreciate the magnificent and unstinting work many carers cary out on a daily basis up and down the country.
I assure you that we are committed to improving the support for carers,
helping carers is the best possible way to help those they are caring for .
Got to give them some credit his reply was same day .
but as you can see bloody useless i asked 5 questions re my own situation not one question answered to me its another pat on the back
I think it just reads as everyone back to work, no excuses, we will find a way to make it happen, volunteer carers, respite, blah, blah, all third rate no doubt.
Vicky
I think some people expect too much! Obviously it would be nice if carers got as much money as they think they deserve, but in this economic climate it isn't going to happen, one has to be realistic!
I think that the way things are now is just another excuse not to consider carers and making our lives better.

Carers have been realistic for 40 years and we still get paid a pittence.

Now they want us to work away from our caring as well.

Like I say the recession is just another excuse.
Are you a politician Sarniajoy? 'cause you seem to answer like one. Yea I know most of us just sound off 'cause were angry, disillusioned and just plain fed up of our lot. But you seem to always be of the opposite opinion to the majority. Maybe your just the eternal optomist Image
Its ok, I'm not having a go Image

Pete
I think that the way things are now is just another excuse not to consider carers and making our lives better.

Carers have been realistic for 40 years and we still get paid a pittence.

Now they want us to work away from our caring as well.

Like I say the recession is just another excuse.
I agree Pixie, Even when we're in an economic boom there will still be another excuse for the Government to justify giving carers a pittance.
I think some people expect too much!
Perhaps in the view of some people we are expecting too much or don't you think what we're expecting is reasonable but looks excessive compared to what we currently get.
As we all know we are in an economic crisis caused by borrowing far to much be it on houses , cars or whatever, the government have introduced the so called fiscal stimulis to help, billions of pounds have been borrowed by our little DARLING to help who ???? one M.P. said it was difficult for someone who had been made redundant in these difficult times to keep a roof over his families head hang on what about the carers thousands of us gave up work to look after our families- we are not a drain on society we save the state money yet we even now are not receiving any help from the state hang on we are if we get the carers allowance we will get an extra £60 in January thats an extra £1 per week on the carers allowance.
we as carers have had reveiws and committee reports respond re the carers allowance all have said we need the allowance raised yet CAMERON did not say if he agreed with any of the reports .
I don't think it is a question of what we think we deserve, more a liveable amount as we have no way to 'top up' our income without having it clawed back somehow, leaving us no better off for yet more hard work, so still no way to meet the rising cost of living.
As all the reviews committee reports state, carer's allowance is too low.
We aren't asking for the moon, luxury holidays, steak every night, just a little financial stability with mouth, if not head, above the water line.
Are you a politician Sarniajoy? 'cause you seem to answer like one. Yea I know most of us just sound off 'cause were angry, disillusioned and just plain fed up of our lot. But you seem to always be of the opposite opinion to the majority. Maybe your just the eternal optomist Image
Its ok, I'm not having a go Image

Pete
Hi Pete

You are not the only one that as come to this conclusion.
John