[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re- ATOS form for our carees, - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Re- ATOS form for our carees,

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Thanks Cheryl
interesting financial websites..........now i understand Mx
I've learned a lot from that site. I never thought much about money until a few years ago, when you are young, you make it, you spend it, know what I mean?
Then I started to think, for example, why throw £1 in a charity tin when you can sign a short declaration and the Government has to pay your income tax back on your donation, thereby increasing it at no expense? And why leave your money in a low-interest current account when it could be invested and work for you? I've seen a sensible but modest investment in Equities from my parents held in trust for my daughters further education that grew by 400% over ten years: not telephone numbers, but £1500 turned to £6000: no bank can match that.
I know the stock market is dangerous, and so is property at the moment, but if you left £10,000 in a current bank account for ten years, it would be losing you many thousands of pounds as inflation eats it away, whilst a decent long term investment in Equities, whilst having a slight risk, would probably appreciate and offer far better returns over the long run.