[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Abbreviations - Carers UK Forum

Re: Abbreviations

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Would it be a good idea when posting, if people spelt out their commonly abbreviated words when they first use them? Cos not all of us know what each other's abbreviations relating to them, mean.
Example:- I personally don't know what ABOS is, so don't really understand what's going on.
After the first time in your postings, of spelling it out in full, it would be easier for us to understand and if we forget, then we can just scroll up to your first post to refresh our memories.
or.....a handy glossary might be good?.
I agree, I often have to look up in Google!!
Abbreviations well I must say well over my head take's some working out at times
then I get the wrong Idea hay what ho how!??? Image Image
There was a list a while ago I think this is it

http://forum.carersuk.org/viewtopic.php ... ns#p153293
O.K. T.T.F.N.
If Martians ever land and read all our abbreviations would they think it was hieroglyphics,or just that we are a species too idle to write words properly. Image Image
we are so into text-lit we seem to even talk text-speak. Image Image Image Image Image Image
O.K. T.T.F.N.
ok taa taa for now.
[quote]Would it be a good idea when posting, if people spelt out their commonly abbreviated words when they first use them? Cos not all of us know what each other's abbreviations relating to them, mean.
Example]

could it mean - A bit of sense?