[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Question Time - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Question Time

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
The unemployed get £60.50 a week for not doing any work and they do not save the government money. Carers receive £53.90 for working at least 35 hours a week and many up to 24/7 to care for their loved one plus they save the government thousands a year in care home fees. Why is this?
I agree totally littlerachet
I went on qt last week and prepared my question but was not asked to say it. mine was why cant carers earn more than £100 and get ca. only 7 questions were chosen out of 150. all the best
GOod point that, there are many people who refuse to work and get paid. I work pt and then my caring on top but they dont want to pay me. It's not cool britain but cruel britain.
Why is everything stacked against a carer????

Ie the paltry sum of money we receive where if your on jsa you get over £60 a week for doing nothing but look for work.

Why are the rules for CA so unfair, ie like what happened to me it stops if you have had a break in care through hospital stays etc...

I could think of lots to ask, but fear its wasted as no one gives about carers.
Tell KEN CLARK if he really wants to keep people out of prison he should place them in care homes .. and he could put the elderly disabled in the prisons,,, i for one know who will get the better care ....£50-000 per year to look after an old lag in clink.... £25-000 to care for an elderly disabled person in care home.....believe you me after a couple of months in a care home very few of the inmates upon release would want to return....

1st choice..
Do you think people who have given up work to care 35 hours a week or more for their severely disabled relatives or friends are worth more than £53 per week carers allowance, and if so, how much should they receive in support from the State?

2nd choice..
littlerachet wrote:
The unemployed get £60.50 a week for not doing any work and they do not save the government money. Carers receive £53.90 for working at least 35 hours a week and many up to 24/7 to care for their loved one plus they save the government thousands a year in care home fees. Why is this?

it aint just care home fees ,we save the N.H.S 80 BILLION + as we keep the elderly / young disabled people we care for out of hospital, and as carers we prevent accidents from happening in the first place...

as usual mines a p take
Why does carers allowance stop when 65 , does that mean I stop carering at this point because I have in the eyes of the government retired !!!
I second that one Delboy. It's the overlapping rule 'they' say, as we get our pension............that we bloody well paid into all our working lives!!! B*****ds!!! Image
The more i read posts here the more my blood boils for these idiots in whitehall and westminister they dont give a toss and talk nothing but drivvle sheit as we say in scotland.

Whats going to happen to all of us who is going to look after us. There will be no services for us if this and any new idots take over. will be going to see ming campbell mp again and ask him how l am supposed to fund my rent extras from long term incapacity benefit maybe tell my heart to have another heart attack then maybe will qualify for dla chance will be great.

Getting very tired and upset posting here seems to be falling on deaf ears this and what cameron and his chronies are doing to all of us l will say it again a bunch of bastards and dont give a shit about all of us FULLTIME UNPAID CARERS. 24/7

kenneth2nowfifescotland
The more i read posts here the more my blood boils for these idiots in whitehall and westminister they dont give a toss and talk nothing but drivvle sheit as we say in scotland.

Whats going to happen to all of us who is going to look after us. There will be no services for us if this and any new idots take over. will be going to see ming campbell mp again and ask him how l am supposed to fund my rent extras from long term incapacity benefit maybe tell my heart to have another heart attack then maybe will qualify for dla chance will be great.

Getting very tired and upset posting here seems to be falling on deaf ears this and what cameron and his chronies are doing to all of us l will say it again a bunch of bastards and dont give a **** about all of us FULLTIME UNPAID CARERS. 24/7

kenneth2nowfifescotland
ps sorry for swaering just so bloody angry and frustrated with the system against us in place........................ kenneth2nowfifescotland
i dont think for a moment that david cameron ever reads any threads here.i think,here,the phrase:"Talk Amongst Yourselves"is apt.
we have a jolly good moan.learn along the way from each other. but this place is not ever going to influence government policies re-carers.

i dont for a moment,ever think of it in those terms.

we support each other,and thats the value,i find,here.
I don't quite know why some people think its odd for a disabled adult to want to live at home. My son 29 lives with us. He wants to and we are more than happy to have him home. He can be very trying and stubborn at times but we wouldn't be without him. He's safer with us. Of course if he wanted to then that would be different but he doesn't