[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
standard of living cost. ie carers - Carers UK Forum

standard of living cost. ie carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Can anyone help with a well documented issue, when you recieve the breakdown from the DWP you are given 6 or 7 pieces of a4 paper one of the pages explains to you what your income and allowances are and what the government says you have to live this is all in black and white.

the other day on bbc news there has been a statement made by a government policy department and independent agency which stated that a single person living on their own
need about £13000 per year and a couple need £16000 or £18000 per year to live on.

why the disaparity but not surprisingly when did the DWP documents or the entry with ref the income that we should be receiving is different from the advertised on tv this week.

why this irregularity or is this just another how it is or just another con or lie or but this is all well documented.

now that the car tax is going up how am l and other carers who live rural and miles awar from our relatives going to cope with the extra cost.

i am at maximum and now going into the red again not just on luxuries but just day to day living costs.

the extra at the fuel pumps and now the extra car tax how can gordon brown justify this.

yet still carers get nowt and nowt we will get.

kenneth2dundeenowfife
Good question... no answer really. I think carers are supposed to use buses.
But I'm still interested in the bush-meat recipes
What you need and what you get seem to be 2 unrelated topics when it comes to carers Image
please check out your car tax if your caree has certain disability benefits they will be exempt from the car tax even if they dont have their own car- we have mobility supplement from M.O.D. its £200 per month we use it for motability car and as we have the mobility supplement we dont pay for the car tax .

since our move iam doing more miles and can cope with it but if it gets much worse will have to cut back i do now plan my trips to save a few miles .

GEORGE====

the cost of living- dont forget if you can get through this tough time next year when inflation figures are used for benefit "pay rise " we should be looking at 6% at least however i believe we should be getting some help now as the elderly do with winter fuel allowance iam sure carers and others could get some kind of help this winter .

however as this government have set up another review with the carers allowance being linked with all benefits we may in fact have more problems in the future.

GEORGE======
as this government is done for nowt will happen for at least 3 years as conservatives will just follow labour spending plans regardless of whos in power if you have nowt in the bank you get nowt .
GEORGE======
as this government is done for nowt will happen for at least 3 years as conservatives will just follow labour spending plans regardless of whos in power if you have nowt in the bank you get nowt .
Labour will try to spend their way to victory at the next election, as they have very little to lose. They wont care if the Tories inherit an unrealistic budget and are then seen having to make draconian cutbacks to benefits. Once the Tories do (if they do, and it aint over till the fat lady sings) get in, they wont be keen to lose popularity either. That could all be in our favour.
If we are stupid enough to follow the yanks be it Bush or oh bomb ah and join the Israel`s and bomb Iran we will be looking at petrol £10 £15 £20 a gallon so us poor souls at the bottom will be well in the doh dah .