[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PROTEST - Page 8 - Carers UK Forum

PROTEST

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
276 posts
hi Paula

thank you so much for posting this on your
forum.

love
krys
xxx
You have to have clout behind you. The Yours magazine is a good start...followed by the press...maybe The Sun?
No problem Krys,

The response so far from our members is a resounding YES to participate in some way, it's just a case of making sure all carers views are represented whether they attend a march, sign a petition or George's postcard idea (if we can all find a post office that's still open of course!).

Paula xx
Ive read the "YOURS" mag in the past they have had one or two good things re carers but i also found many mistakes in the mag .
but if we could get them on side would be big help never read the SUN

GEORGE=====
hi paula

that is wonderful news,so glad your members have
said yes Image
i have a post office in my local spa nearby, i dont know
whether it sells postcards Image Image Image Image .

love
krys
xxx
xxx
Ive read the "YOURS" mag in the past they have had one or two good things re carers but i also found many mistakes in the mag .
but if we could get them on side would be big help never read the SUN

GEORGE=====
The Sun likes to get behind ordinary people and give them some uuumph.
Don't forget local press - the nationals do pick stuff up from regional newspapers.

Paula xx
I've emailed all the "protest" links to our local carers office. Hope they give some input.
Just seen this and signed it. Image

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/faircare/sign
we would like cuk to endorse a protest by carers on the issues of carer poverty, namely the overlapping rule and the limitations on cares allowance

Is this any good?
Very supportable. A few edits might help to improve it - or maybe not.

Should it specify the kind of protest - a "day of action" perhaps might be more constructive than a protest and makes clear that we are looking for a single event rather than a prolonged campaign? Whilst also not being too prescriptive - allows for both local, national and UK action. But we don't have to say that at this stage - it could go into the text rather than the resolution itself (you are allowed a short explanatory statement)

The overlapping rule and the limitations of carers allowance are two different demands - this confuses the issue and fudges the message. Is there any way of merging them, and if not, which is the most important to the most people, has the biggest media potential, and is therefore likely to gain universal support from all carers?
276 posts