[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PROTEST - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

PROTEST

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
276 posts
Have been looking forward to such an event for years!! If we do not get justice in the forthcoming Carers strategy then will be there with caree (and boy will that be difficult)
Will also notify the various Carer groups I belong to too. Think one might possibly supply a coach!!
At last hearing something so positive which should have happened years ago.
Well I'd like to go one further with this......

I call upon CUK to tell us if they would support or indeed organise a mass public protest.

As Annie said--they have the means to organise it--but have they the will to do so?
Ken,

I'm sorry I haven't got a reply to you yet, I did read your earlier post calling on Carrers UK to comment. We are extremely busy at the moment and I cannot always give instant responses to issues raised on the forum about carers UK policy and direction, but I do take notice of them. Leave it with me.

Some of you may not be aware but Carers UK did organise a small scale protest when we handed over thousands of your postcards to number 10, last year, calling on Gordon Brown to do something about carer's benefits. This only involved a small number of carers but we do have a great banner!

You can see some pictures of it and find out more on this page
http://www.carersuk.org/Newsandcampaigns/Shortchanged

Matt
From Newcastle day trip coach hire ( and i get it cheap ) its £500 if you drive down like we do every few weeks its £80 for petrol alone but iam in a position to get down but many will never be able to afford such a trip.

GEORGE====IAM SURE WE WILL THINK OF SUMMIT TO DO IN THE FUTURE HANG ON STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING IVE JUST BEEN TOLD THE CARERS REVIEW HAS BEEN LEAKED
CARERS ALLOWANCE IS UP TO £300 PER WEEK 52 WEEKS RESPITE CARE FOR YOUR CAREE AND THE CARER CAN HAVE A HOLIDAY WHEN CAREE IS IN RESPITE WORKING CARERS WILL HAVE FULL TIME CARE ASSISTANTS PENSIONER CARERS WILL ALSO GET THE NEW ALLOWANCE HANG ON FALSE ALARM I WAS DAY DREAMING AGAIN;;;;;; AS I WAS SAYING WE WILL SORT SUMMIT OUT RE PROTEST .

GEORGE======
Hello everyone

i hope this thread does not die, just because we have to
wait for Matt to get back to ken or even all of us,
if we all keep it going, surely then something will come
of this Image

krys
xxx
Hi everyone.

At the moment we can't commit to anything like organising a protest but we wouldn't rule it out. Like all our campaigns it would need to be focussed on an issue and have clear aims and objectives. Other issues for Carers Uk to consider would be the financial costs, making sure it was accessible for carers and had elements for those who couldn't be there in person.

We need to wait and read the National Strategy and consider our response before we can go forward with our campaigning. As I say we do not rule out organising some kind of protest, but at the moment I can't say for sure.

As Krys says please keep the thread going. I'm sure once the strategy comes out there will lots of debate about how to go forward.

Matt
Thank you Matt for your comments.

I agree we should wait for the National Strategy, and
discuss objectives that we all agree on.
However when the times comes, because it will,
would CUK give their backing if say, all the carers
forums wished to go ahead?

krys
Why cant carers uk inform press office that many carers are on forum TALKING about a mass protest if we dont get what we deserve from the review it is not a protest re fuel costs, mortgages or the credit crunch in general its a mass protest from carers who have waited patiently for many many years and like the fools we are have put faith in the carers review many of us believe the review will be a whitewash and only the parts that are cost free will be implemented i support the labour party but they are on the backfoot and even talk of a protest will have backbenchers knocking on GORDONS doop shouting GORDON GORDON ITS THOSE BLOODY CARERS WHAT CAN WE DO ARE YOU LISTENING GORDON give them £2 a week oh i and like George said backdate it to Charles the 1st .

Iam convinced he will say i want to give carers the cash but we cant increase the carers allowance when we as a country have to tighten our belts therefore it is my intention that if reelected we will during the lifetime of the next parliamnet raise the carers allowance to a decent wage in recognition for what you do except George that bloody trouble maker from newcastle he`s getting nowt .

GEORGE=======
gee thanks excalibur, but george started the post Image

seriously, if we are going to go for it, we all need to
agree to stand together side by side, and we need to have
ALL the forums to agree, as it was started on this site
they sould ask their members and reply on here is that ok??

krys
I'll stand side by side with you krys, as long as you let me wear my silly pointy hat with the jingle bells,...the red yellow and green one, not NOT the Rangers supporters one, not after Manchester that would be like carrying a baseball bat into Whitehall. (Did I just say that? I think I did!) . My dear wife thinks that it diminishes my gravitas, little does she know that I stuff it in my back pocket every time I leave the house... I never really cared much for being too serious... and all the best protests have folk dressed up a bit.... Image Image
hello Image

george = we will get there, i agree with most of what you say,
and i hope you were not joking about thoses coaches, because you
have to pass my way so can i jump on?

excalibur = i dont care what you wear Image you can come nude Image
as long as we can get as many as possible Image

sorry if am being too rude, but he started it Image Image

love
krys
The cost of coach hire is beyond most of us ive just today booked coach 38 seats for 3 oct Newcastle to Hayling island £1-700 for 4 days + drivers meals and room on top its for P.O.W. reunion the last one again as most of them are in their 80`s should divert coach to # 10 for protest nah dont want to spoil the trip/

GEORGE=====
276 posts