[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PROTEST - Page 27 - Carers UK Forum

PROTEST

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
276 posts
[quote]kenm wrote]

Which mistakes are you refering to?
Where would you like to get the "real protest" going from Ken?
Who do you think should be involved/organising it etc?
You all know the two people I said would deter people from joining the protest board, I have no intention of being drawn into naming them on here and getting banned for it.

The real protest should be by real carers not the charities.

I'd be happy for anybody to run it except the ones already mentioned.
It is by real carers the charities have been asked if they would
offer support as you know, I am sorry but if you people can`t put aside differences for something this important, then they have no real interest in trying to help carers.
If you mean by " you people" the people who refuse to trust people who have attacked carers, then I put my hand up.

As for helping carers, I am proud of my record on that score, as you would see if you asked around MS circles.
I find all this very disappointing. All posetive change must be welcomed. Yes there is a place for being unhappy about the fact that nothing is being done to date about the carers allowance, but from my understanding this is being looked at, yes it does take a long time and i am sure if politicians were carers things would change more quickly.

I am eternally grateful there is a welfare system in this country, that we have a roof over our heads and food on the table. In a different time and place i would have had to leave my son with anyone to go out to work and provide these essential things.

I would rather see far better health care, more moral support and have a caring society to live in, all these would mean more than money. There are many issues for government to deal with that i believe are more important than carers allowance. I am not rich moneywise, i exist on benefits the same as many other carers. We are due to enter into direct payments for the first time in 18 years and yes it could be insulting that i hand over upto £10.09p an hour for a carer but i am not about to turn it down. I shall be grateful for the input and make it work for us.

I do think we are after acknowledgement but at the end of the day it is about self respect, i respect myself for what i do and my son for how he copes with his disability.

So i am withdrawing from the protest, the momentum is lost, there is no point in continuing to join an angry protest that appears to be going no where and i really do not believe this protest should be held in anger, it could reflect very badly on the rest of us. It is not about fighting for whos idea it was nor with carers representatives, we should be presenting a united front.

It should be dignified and educational and lets face it no one really cares about carers auntil they experience it for themselves and that goes for most things in life.

To those who choose to continue i wish you well.
So there is at least one who is more like a child that an adult and I am sure there will be more, they cannot put aside past differences for the future of the protest
I think that there is an unrealistic belief in some quarters that a group of carers can arrange a large protest at Westminster along with protests across the country all on the same day with neither funds, staff nor support. They can't, it's simply not feasible. And don't forget they have to fit this in with their caring responsibilities.

The protest will be user-led, the group working so hard to organise it will be collaborating, not colluding, with the charities. In order for this protest to take place it also needs the support of the maximum number of carers, are the dissenters going to allow it to fail because of personal dislikes and prejudices? Hopefully carers can be mature enough to put their personal feelings and misgivings aside and join in this project because if we can't all work together for something like this I wonder what the point of being a member of any carer board is, is it simply to allow negative feelings to fester and ignore the positive that we can contribute?
You all know the two people I said would deter people from joining the protest board, I have no intention of being drawn into naming them on here and getting banned for it.

The real protest should be by real carers not the charities.

I'd be happy for anybody to run it except the ones already mentioned.
Ken, I haven't got the foggiest who or what you are talking about, and quite frankly, I don't have the energy, research skills or intuition to find out. If you are supporting this campaign, then that's great, welcome on board. If you aren't, thats fine too - lets just agree to disagree, its no big deal. As for the leadership - it doesn't matter much who does the organising work as long as someone does it, and I don't get the gut feeling that you are standing for election here, or that you would get much support if you did?

What matters is that the followership is pushing the leadership hard for change. And that is looking good .. very good. Speaking as a follower, are you with us or against us?
wasnt the idea for carers to put there differnces aside and to protest together for a better future for all carers, this doesnt have to be just financial i would like to see all 'unpaid' carers as what we are hard working worthy members of society that should get more support form the paid health professions. This negativity from some members is just a spanner being thrown into the works agree or leave others to do as they wish. We all have difficult enough lives as it is.
As for getting the charities along side definatly damned if you and dmaned of you don't.
Myself i feel its well worth a protest lets stand up and be noticed and stop this in house bickering.
Myself i feel its well worth a protest lets stand up and be noticed and stop this in house bickering.
thanks Welshie, I agree completely. Who cares about egos or personalities? We are all aiming for the same thing here, and united we will be much more effective.
276 posts