[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PROTEST - Page 16 - Carers UK Forum

PROTEST

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
276 posts
That makes a lot of sense could be done in a few towns as well
I would love to take my caree with me to London but I wouldn't drive there, a taxi is an arm and a leg and we can't get on the trains. I'd be struggling sooooo much, plus he's not allowed in his wheelchair for longer than about an hour. Image

But I reckon I could get him looked after and I could be there!!! Image
I would love to take my caree with me to London but I wouldn't drive there, a taxi is an arm and a leg and we can't get on the trains. I'd be struggling sooooo much, plus he's not allowed in his wheelchair for longer than about an hour. Image

But I reckon I could get him looked after and I could be there!!! Image
Do you live anywhere near Bristol, If I'm going i'll have two spaces in my car.
Oh what a kind gesture Alex. I live near Aldershot (Hants). Image
what a lovely offer Alex Image Image
And how great to see carers pulling together.
Maybe the way to get the media to take notice is for members to call for the resignation of the trustees and CEO of the charities.
Once again they have let us down badly
Maybe the way to get the media to take notice is for members to call for the resignation of the trustees and CEO of the charities.
I agree with this.
With respect, the Trustees and CEO's are not magicians. Of course you are very welcome to stand as a Trustee yourself if you think you could do better.

You might as well call for the resignation of the country's 7M carers - after all if we can get our act together we have far more real power than a few small charity secretariats whose main job is raising funds, stuffing envelopes with newsletters, counting the pennies and answering the phone (sorry to grossly over-simplify their job, but realistically they have tiny resources at their disposal and ridiculously high expectations placed on them by some people).

Rather than blame them or trying to find a scapegoat, we should be thankful for the - albeit limited - new cash on the table for respite - (well would we have got it without the charities efforts?) and recognise that we still have a long way to go - especially we need to recruit far more active members and revitalise the local campaigning branches.

Anyone who seriously expected that in this current financial climate the skies would open and we would be showered with largesse, was living in political cloud cuckoo land.
All the government have done is replace some of what they have taken away, and carers are supposed to be greatfull ?
At the same time they found nearly 3 times as much for schools, Image just like this government can find money to give in aid to foreign countries yet tell carers they have no money for them.
A protest of any kind could have an overwhelming effect if done correctly and at the right time .
All the government have done is replace some of what they have taken away, and carers are supposed to be greatfull ?
At the same time they found nearly 3 times as much for schools, Image just like this government can find money to give in aid to foreign countries yet tell carers they have no money for them.
A protest of any kind could have an overwhelming effect if done correctly and at the right time .
In defence of the government, I suspect that the majority of the public would rather money pumped into school rather than Carers. Imagine the uproar if Carers recieved more money than the schools? I am in no way agreeeing that the schools should get more but I am merely stating what I believe to be true.
276 posts