[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Problem - Carers break form - Carers UK Forum

Problem - Carers break form

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
[b]Carers break form[/b]

Has anyone ever got one of these forms from their local carers centre, so that a carer can apply for financial assistance to take a break from their carer rule.

I have received one and recently took it to my GP to verify why I would benefit from a break.

Today I picked it up from my GP's surgery. But he has just plastered a sticky note to it, stating DON'T KNOW HOW CARER CARES FOR CARED FOR. Plus has charged me £8.50 for the privilege. I have given it back to my GP's secretary too verify it. My GP seems to think the the break form is too vague. And feels because they have not seen me caring for my mother, that it is not their place to verify. I have been to the carers centre to tell them of my problem, and they have said take it to my mother's GP.

You see have only been caring for my mother for about two years, and a health/social care professional has yet to see me in my caring role. Including my mother's GP. But I do care for her by cooking, cleaning, shopping, gardening and watching she does not fall due to nerve supply problems to her legs and arms. And offering emotional support. That does make me a carer?

Anyone got this problem and problem with carers form?
[b]Carers break form[/b]

But I do care for her by cooking, cleaning, shopping, gardening and watching she does not fall due to nerve supply problems to her legs and arms. And offering emotional support. That does make me a carer?
YES!!!!!!
Why is every thing a form, is what i want to know, and that is mainly what i do for my Mum clean wash clothes take her to hospital doctors do the shopping etc you are still a carer, and she wouldn't be able to live in her house without you, so put your foot down with a firm hand, and never give up never give in count to ten and scream very loud, i find it helps.
Of course it makes you a carer.
And what do you mean when you say 'only been caring for about 2 years'. Blimey, how long do you think you need to play a caring role, before you're happy to ask for a break? Caring is bl**dy hard work, your 2 years is long enough, there's no minimum time limits for these things.
You need a break and stand your ground and make sure you get the finance for one. Make an appointment with your GP if you need to and tell him exactly what you do for your mum and why you do it.
Our GP has never seen me looking after hubby either, nor has the carers group or the SS, but they don't question that I do it. Or question why I need a break, when we have 24 hour live-in care. They just take it for granted that I do it.
You deserve your break and don't let them try to take it away from you or make you think that you'll give up trying.
Good luck and take care.
Why does everyone want to make our lives even more difficult? Grrrrr.
A mad Fran (again).
Yes Carol, you are a carer!!

It is a madness all this supporting letter stuff. I'm always needing them for S for this, that and the other.

I think you might be better making a GP appointment and asking them face to face, you could even take your Mum with you .... As for £8.50 for a post-it - tell him he can sing for it!!

Melly1