[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
INFLATION - Carers UK Forum

INFLATION

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
It makes my blood boil when i see on t.v. all these home owners some with both working going on and on about the cost of living and the value of their houses going down .
We as carers know all about not just the cost of living but the cost of dying , most carers and their caree`s are on a fixed income we depend more on cars for transport than able bodied people we cant dump the car and hop on the bus we over the years have had to work to a tight budget we do complain but as the recent review revealed we never get any help .
In a strange way if we can stick it out we will if inflation is high get an increase in our benefits next year Image

wage rises are lower than inflation so do you think government will start to increase pensions and benefits in line with wages Image

GEORGE=======
wage rises are lower than inflation so do you think government will start to increase pensions and benefits in line with wages Image

GEORGE=======
Don't give 'em ideas, George! Image

GEORGE=======
Don't give 'em ideas, George! Image
no they will freeze benefits and pensions to subsidise and pay for their own mistakes, Its the vulnerable at the bottom of the pile that always seem to suffer. Why not rejig the tax bands so the big earners are taxed a bit more, in other words those that can afford it and have plenty of cream to skim instead of the those that are already struggling to survive on the breadline.
They may well freeze pensions/benefits to save money, but I bet theres a few exemptions.....mainly MPs!
They may well freeze pensions/benefits to save money, but I bet theres a few exemptions.....mainly MPs!
Don't forget those big corporations with all their off shore tax free accounts. Namely, Tesco! Image