[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Preston Carer's Centre - don't care!! - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Preston Carer's Centre - don't care!!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for the encouragement, I can nearly hear your accent saying the word 'Mam'. It made me smile cos here in Lancashire we say 'Mum'. But my mother was born in the North East and come to think of it so was I but we moved away when I was a baby. So I just love the North East accent Image Image I could listen to it all day, reminds me of my roots Image

Elaine Image
I just love the North East accent Image Image I could listen to it all day
If you get chatting with Rosemary, you'll have to.... Image Image Image Image
Now now Matt you are naughty Image Image

LATEST UPDATE! Preston Carers Centre are totally inefficient!!!!! I rang them just the other day asking for their complaints procedure to be sent to me. Well, I received the letter telling me enclosed is the complaints procedure - you guessed it, it was missing!!!

They are a pathetic lot and perhaps it's as well I was rejected by them Image

Elaine.
Now now Matt you are naughty Image Image
Elaine,happy Image to report that Matt unable to reply.His fingers are strapped up Image Image Image Image
Hi guys,

Well I've finally put my letter of complaint together, I'm not much good at letter writing but I've quoted some of Charles47 and Matts points/questions so hopefully I've made my 'issues' clear.

I actually spoke to the Manager of P/Carers today and it was actually him who forgot to enclose the complaints procedure with the letter he sent me duhh Image Needless to say he was very apologetic!!! He is now doing a U turn and saying he may be able to assist me as a carer!! Wonder why he's changed his mind?? Image He's on leave next week but I said I would still send my letter. He agreed to either see me (at my home or at the Centre) when he returns from his leave. Sounds to me like he needs a good rest Image Image

He picked on the wrong person to 'reject' from his so called Carers Centre!! Image Image I don't think he's ever had to deal with a 'complaint' before either!!

Watch this space folks......................

Many thanks for all your help on this, I don't know what I'd do without you. Image

Elaine.

P.S. I really needed to do this on behalf of all paid and unpaid carers!!
Keep up the good fight Beaglelady. All of us carers on the forum have to fight regular battles to get our rights or that of our carees, so I don`t doubt this will be the first of many.

I feel my reputation as the "rottweiller" is under threat from a beagle. Excellent work so far and hope your meeting goes well and issues are resolved.

Our carers centre has a drop-in morning once a week and no body has ever had their status as a carer challenged. Those who have lost their caree still go for ongoing support and friendship and are a huge help to the new carers coming along.

Preston carers should open their hearts and minds to the real world of carers............and you can quote me on that if you wish!

Take care
Meg
Thanks Meg for your support, I appreciate it. You made me chuckle about your Rotweiller comments. Us beagles can be very feisty you know!!

Image Image

Elaine. x
Us beagles can be very feisty you know
Reminder to self....dont cross the paths of Meg and Elaine Image Image Image
Rosemary and entity..Mmmmm..can I have tea with mine, please???.
Image Image
Poor Rosemary...........writing notes to self is a sign of early onset dementia you know!

Retrain as a kennel maid.........you know it makes sense.

Take care
Meg Image