[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Preston Carer's Centre - don't care!! - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

Preston Carer's Centre - don't care!!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Retrain as a kennel maid.........you know it makes sense
Oh ye of little faith.... Image
Hi folks/kennel maids and dog lovers!!!!!

I told you us Beagles are very fiesty! Success at last for ALL carers in Preston. The Manager of Preston Carers Centre has done a complete U turn and phoned me today to offer their complete support (after he's been in consultation with the LA and other people who fund the Centre) and has offered me an appointment to meet him in person to see how he can support me. This is all before I've even got around to sending my letter!!!! Image

The Manager couldn't apologise enough and has said he shouldn't be treating me any differently to any other carer (paid or unpaid). So my next step is to meet Mr Manager in person in a few weeks time and we'll take it from there. I'll still give him my letter only this time in person!! Image

Yipppeeeeee, I can't believe I've had this much trouble in the first place just to request some help and support as a carer!! Image

Elaine.
beaglelady wrote
The Manager couldn't apologise enough and has said he shouldn't be treating me any differently to any other carer (paid or unpaid). So my next step is to meet Mr Manager in person in a few weeks time and we'll take it from there. I'll still give him my letter only this time in person!!
Well done you Image

Cheryl x
Good result! Image
Well done Elaine Image
Power to the Beagles Image . Seriously,well done on your result.

x x
Fabulous news Image

Just goes to show what can be achieved with a little push Image Image Image
Thanks for all your comments and support I appreciate it. Lets hope my meeting goes well in a few weeks time.

I will keep you all updated.

Best wishes
Elaine and Beagles!! Image
The Manager of Preston Carers Centre has done a complete U turn and phoned me today to offer their complete support (after he's been in consultation with the LA and other people who fund the Centre) and has offered me an appointment to meet him in person to see how he can support me. This is all before I've even got around to sending my letter!!!! Image

The Manager couldn't apologise enough and has said he shouldn't be treating me any differently to any other carer (paid or unpaid). So my next step is to meet Mr Manager in person in a few weeks time and we'll take it from there. I'll still give him my letter only this time in person!! Image
That's great news. Well done Elaine! And also well done to Preston Carers Centre for listening to your concerns and recognising they had made a mistake. Not many services do this and it is refreshing to find one that is willing to listen. So hats off to them too.
Well done for your victory Image