[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
predictable soundbites. - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

predictable soundbites.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
The average carer - is that not the same thing as the average human filtered only by one core thing they have in common - caring?
And how do you measure the average human? By using mean statistics that are by nature wildly inaccurate as they measure the mean of thousands of variables.
How do you then measure the thousands of variables?
Very slowly.
Also, definition of carer erks me somewhat. Strictly we have a gap in care of only 28 hours, so strictly I am not a carer. Crapcakes. What about all the appointments? time off work? paperwork? running someone elses life? on call nature of caring for someone with serious complex health condition? years of stress? blah blah blah.............
It's all a load of.....................
and some us are,not i,sadly,the legal option of "not proven" applies.this might be such occasion for this option.

what is a carer,who is,when is he or she a carer?.who can say who is not a carer if a part of life for them has that golden element of supporting some fellow soul,caring for them?.clearly,for many carers not getting any help from the state,excluded,the dwp might say they are not carers by the standards the hurdles they impose,but i think the dwp objections are "Not Proven" in too many cases.
The average carer - is that not the same thing as the average human filtered only by one core thing they have in common - caring?
And how do you measure the average human? By using mean statistics that are by nature wildly inaccurate as they measure the mean of thousands of variables.
How do you then measure the thousands of variables?
Very slowly.
Aha, littleratchet, your words give me comfort, for my humble and mundane task in life is to whizz around the back roads of Scotland in my Nissan Note at state expense and collect that data, based on the real - and sometimes extraordinary - lives of real people. Ultimately what the academics, politicians, civil servants and journalists do with the figures I collect is their concern, my job is simply to collect the data as best I can. There are worse ways of making an honest buck, we have some superb scenery around here and I love to get out and about in all weathers, meeting real people. And so many of them are carers or have a disability, to me they are not statistics, they are my bread and butter but also my passion.
i did say,i aint in scotland,which i aint.mad thing happend.internet failed then on me,phoned provider,after time it came on with google page with st.andrews flag,how odd.very x files.am i going nuts,"not Proven"?.
The DWP definition of a carer is someone who cares for at least 35 hours a week. Eun
Do you work for them, Eun? I dont!!
The only people who can define carers are carers themselves.
And I measure my care in love, I don't need to keep a timesheet. Do you?
oh,how idiotic,its St.Andrews Day.So Best of the day to our Scottish forum members.i did not twigg to that one.sorry.