[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
politics.a carers voice in parliament. - Page 3 -Carers UK Forum

politics.a carers voice in parliament.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi Pixie. Sorry , been offline for a few days so did not see your post. I think it would be really refreshing to have someone who would be prepared to be blunt speaking up for carers. We need someone who's passionate about the issues and prepared to say what's needed and you could do that.
for everyone of us who can use this forum,for everyone of us who are a member or supporter of carers uk,for everyone of us able to join and benifit from a local carers support group,thousands of other carers exist in our land,saving government billions,struggling along,not showing-up on statistics as carers.yet they are just that CARERS.

we have voices we can,we do,here,speak-up for ourselves.It is for those who have no voice that we should be vocal,loud,angry and very active.Carers from children to elderly folks,caring day in day out,they need our voice,

yes,we must speak-out for each other.Oh,yes,I do.Often,very bluntly,if I have to.So,lets think of those marginalised carers.A toast.Raise your coffee mug to the legion of carers who are unknown,and those for whom they care.Let us not forget THEM.Let us,rarther,be their voice, Image
By all means stand as a candidate - independent or for a political party, its fun and a great chance to put across your views. I've stood myself a couple of times, once coming a very close second out of three, and once a decent third out of six. Both times carers issues were prominent in my leaflet. But if you are unfortunate enough to be elected, that's when your problems start Image
If things go to plan Stan bro who is R.M.T. full time union officer for the north east area will be standing against Milliband ( the clever one ) south tyneside Jarrow it is in protest of the privitisation of the tyne wear metro system as his party support the takeover if Stan is elected the plan is he will only take the same salary that he receives from the Rail Maritime Union i believe he will take the travel expenses but will pay rent to our union who have flats south of London no second home.
As the brother of a carer no doubt he will speak up for the likes of us at the bottom of the pile and if he does not i`ll kick his r`s.

lets be honest about it nowt will change iam against protest votes just a waste of time and the so called independants- who ever gets in will be told yet again what they can and cant do by the civil servants as usual, the civil service run this country along with the judiciary we have no democracy and never will have the people will never ever run their own country we are fools if we think by voting for any one political party we have made a choice as to how we want our lives organised we all know politicians are as they say economical with the truth even in that statement they were to afraid to say they are liars.
bit cynicle.but true.the sir humphrys win every election as they are there whoever wins.dont get me started on the wholesale root and branch revolution i see as being essential to reform the whole monolithic construct.id be on that one for ages.

but,i do think the recession and mps expences stink has angered enough of us to herald some degree of willingness,in certain areas,to give the odd outsider,the odd independant,a go.it wont change the great beast that is our political system,it might ingender that absent element,a conscience to parliament once more.if one independant can get elected and be a voice for the excluded,marginalised,those labour once served,then it would be a start. Image
Take ESTHER RANTZEN INDEPENDANT she was asked what she could do for the people of Luton - answer they need a swimming pool .
i would welcome her views on the middle east crisis whats her opinion of the Isreali`s occupation of the West bank , Gazza strip and ther Golan hights does she support the United Nations response to the occupation and if so what would she do ????

We do need a swimming pool.

John
i often think that to get any headway in the long long battle for any small victory for carers in the crusade for respect for our work and decency in how government view,treat,and frame policies that impact on us,a campaign by carers as intence as that of Mrs.Pankhurst,seeking the vote for women in britain,and nothing less,would be needed.
i think a carers candidate or candidate would be a start,

in my wilder moments,i even ponder the concept of a carers party.wacky as that sounds.a political party for carers,and cared-for.stranger things happen every day.

Stranger things have happened, alright - a few selected highlights from the Official Monster Raving Loony Party's manifestos. Spot the ones that make sense or have now been introduced!

[quote]Pollution Tax]

Be afraid. Be very afraid! Image Image
Hi Charles

I met Screaming Lord Sutch he was only a little guy but he was not as nutty as he appeared.

A very nice guy to talk to.

When i met him he had his crazy hat on which was his trade mark pity he ended his life so young but his heart was in the right place he stood on platforms with other candidates and always lost with dignity.

John