[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Poems and Quotes - Page 15 - Carers UK Forum

Poems and Quotes

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
306 posts
I'm always looking for quotes or poems that move & inspire me, sometimes I find it difficult to find what I am looking for, other times I find so many! Rather like waiting for a bus - you hang around waiting and waiting then all 3 turn up at the same time! Image - well here goes, these quotes impressed me and give me comfort & strength, I find that when I remember you all here - I don't feel as if I'm alone and that gives me courage & strength - I'm so glad that I have the chance to get to know you all via this forum! Image

Enjoy & See you around! Image Image

Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it's the fragile blossom that opens in the snow. (Alice MacKenzie Swaim)

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. (Taylor Benson)

We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count. (Neil A. Maxwell)

Do all things with love. (Og Mandino)

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It's there all the time. (Anna Freud)

At some point your heart will tell itself what to do. (Achaan Chah)

When your desires are strong enough, you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve. (Napoleon Hill)

Faith in oneself.......is the best and safest course. (Michaelangelo)
That Very Special Friend..........

We cannot tell the precise moment when a friendship is formed,
As in filling a vessel drop by drop,
There is at last a drop which makes it run over;
So, in a series of kindesses there is at last one,
Which makes the Heart run over...................

by James Boswell

Far Away by Pam Brown

In loneliness,in sickness,in confusion -
The mere knowledge of friendship makes it possible to endure.
Even if the friend is powerless to help,
It is enough that they exist.

Friendship is not diminished by distance or time,
by imprisonment or war,by suffering or silence.
It is in these things that it roots most deeply.
It is from these things that it flowers.
"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome."
(Samuel Johnson)

"Sometimes the greatest adversities turn out to be the greatest blessings."
(Charles Caleb Cotton)
"The Carer and Cared for are both sides of the same coin".

"Our Cared ones are extraordinary and special people unlike any other, who are in our lives to teach us to be better & compassionate people & we use our "gifts" to help them."

by Lola
x
Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.

Bernice Johnson Reagon
I FOUND GOD IN THE MORNING, WE JUST SAT AND TALKED, I KEPT HIM NEAR ME,EVERYWHERE I WALKED,I CALLED ON GOD AT THE NOONTIME,A HEART FILLED WITH DESPAIR,I FELT HIS QUITE PRESENCE, I KNEW HE WAS THERE,WE MET AGAIN AT SUNSET ,THE WANING OF THE DAY ,I HAD MADE HIM HAPPY,I HAD LIVED HIS WAY, THEN WHEN AT BEDTIME I KNELT SILENTLY IN PRAYER, AGAIN HIS GENTLE PRESENCE I FELT SOMEONE DOES CARE. This was given to me by a freind when i was feeling down. Molly
Lovely quotes above..thanks for sharing.. Image

Lola hope that Ben is improving today.

I do hope that your feeling better within yourself Molly

Take care
Maryann x
Thanks Maryann for your kindness always.

Lola
xxx
People are like tea bags
You find out how strong they are
when you put them in hot water.

Anonymous

We can all be heroes
in our virtues,
in our homes,
in our lives.

James Ellis
People are like stained glass windows,
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
But when darkness sets in,
Their true beauty is only seen if there is a light within.

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
306 posts