Poems and Quotes

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
306 posts
Some people speak from experience, while others, from experience, don't speak.
"Portrait of a Friend"

I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts,
or fears.
But I can listen to you, and together we will
search for answers.

I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain,
nor the future with its untold stories.
But I can be there now when you need me to care.

I can't keep your feet from stumbling.
I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.

Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine;
Yet I can share in your laughter.

Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;
I can only support you, encourage you, and help you when you ask.

I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship,from your values, from me.
I can only pray for you, talk to you and wait for you.

I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you.
But I can give you the room to change, room to grow,
room to be yourself.

I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting.
But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces
and put them back in place.

I can't tell you who you are.
I can only love you and be your friend.

UNKNOWN
I was thinking of this quote last Friday, when I saw the coverage of Princess Diana's Memorial Service, on the news, what struck me was how similar it was to Mother Teresa's quote:

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.

Princess Diana

The biggest disease this day and age is that of people feeling unloved.

Princess Diana

Here are some more quotes, probably the most inspiring, beautiful and amazing quotes I have ever found yet - they make me feel so sad, because I realise that the Princess was the ultimate Carer......

You can't comfort the afflicted with afflicting the comfortable.

The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.

If I am to care for people in hospital I really must know every aspect of their treatment and to understand their suffering.

I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for the sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.

I understand people's suffering, people's pain, more than you will ever know yourself.

I am all about caring. I have always been like that.

Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.

Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.

Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.

Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.

Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.

Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.

Helping people in need is a good and essential part of my life, a kind of destiny.
love to hold people's hands when I visit hospitals, even though they are shocked because they haven't experienced anything like it before, but to me it is a normal thing to do.

I remember when I used to sit on hospital beds and hold people's hands, people used to be shocked because they'd never seen this before. To me it was quite normal.

I'd like people to think of me as someone who cares about them.

I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them.
Molly I'm sure that you are going to get me into trouble with CUK for making this thread too long, but here goes, I found some more quotes on this website:

http://www.whentheyrelyonyou.com/quotes.html

You just need to Google "Inspirational Quotes for Carers or Caregivers, OK now its your turn Molly! Image Image

Inspirational Quotes

“Caregiving is one way for humans to learn about humanity. It is not only about simply doing for others. It is also about self acceptance and honest intentions.â€Â
Caregiver Affirmation

Caregiving is a sacred path of love, loss and discovery. As a caregiver, I have the courage to face the fact that there are many things that I cannot change and that moments of peace are better than none at all.

I will remember the brightness of a clear sky when the day feels dark and hopeless. I will remember that to love unconditionally is the greatest gift my soul has to offer.

I am blessed to be caring for someone who needs me above all others to care for them right now. I am in the place where my spirit needs to be.
We all leave invisible footprints where ever we walk,
We leave a trace in someone else’s mind every time we talk,
We all have a responsibility to make sure that we always try our best to be good and kind, and then only good things is what we will leave behind. (anon)

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." (Mother Teresa)

Life is more accurately measured by the lives you
touch than the things you acquire...(anon)
Lola thankyou they were really nice some of them really have got to me because they are true i hope you dont get into trouble please keep posting Molly
Molly
Hi I hope that you are OK, I post quotes that move & inspire me and hope that the Carers, and especially Carers like you find them enjoyable & inspirational - it was because of you that I thought I would Google inspirational quotes and I enjoyed finding them too, I found a really good website dedicated to random acts of kindness, it has such a good feeling to it - and I added it to my favourites. It means a lot that you appreciate the quotes I find......

Take Care - will post soon Image
Lola
xxx
Lola i really do i love to look and see if you have been on take care please keep posting Molly
One of my favourites is Spike Milligan's letter he left by his bedside. On discovery of his body, the letter was opened, it read "TOLD YOU I DIDN'T FEEL WELL"

Sometimes though if I feel down I think of these song words by Martin Gore:

I look to you
how you carry on
when all hope has gone
can't you see? your optimistic eyes
seem like paradise, to someone like, me
take me in your arms
forgetting all I couldn't do today
306 posts