Poems and Quotes

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
306 posts
Image Image Image

Thank you for your kind an thoughtful words, Molly, and as for you Maryann, you have a depth of maturity and perceptiveness beyond your young years! You are all so kind and the loved ones you care for are so lucky to have you....

I adore animals, because they give so much unconditional love, entertainment, they protect and care about you so I was in awe of this quote:

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself"
(Josh Billings)

I found all these quotes from this website, I find them inspiring too:

http://www.favorite-famous-quotes.com
Life is a succession of lessons, which must be lived to be understood.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
Robert Byrne

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
Albert Einstein

True friendship is seen through the heart not through the eyes.
Unknown
here is one off the site you posted The past cannot be changed the future is still in your power .Molly
This one off the site Lola gave too...thx for the link Lola...

Loosers visualize the penalties of failure and winners visualize the rewards of success.

Rod Gilbert

I am not sure how others interpret the above but for me its applicable to so many of us just now.

If we face a task and think negative thoughts all the time,if we say before we have even started...I/we/they will fail, why should any of us bother.But...if in our minds we see success no matter how hard a task ahead of us is,with positive thoughts we are 1/2 way there.
Being negative about something before its been attempted achieves nothing but change that attitude to being positive and we are ALL winners.

It is the attempt itself that makes us winners not the actual success...if that makes sense.I know it does to me Image
Caring is sharing

Mother Wright now age 84, believes she is on a God-given mission to feed the hungry. Some 21 years ago she heard a voice in the night which motivated her to give all of her $236 Social Security check to provide Thanksgiving dinner for 300 homeless people in Oakland, California. She has been doing this ever since. Seeing her dedication, others came to her aid. A formal organization was born which feeds about 450 people a day and more recently sends food to other needy people around the world.

Mary Ann "Mother" Wright
Oakland, California

"Caring is sharing. Love is the key word in life; it runs from heart-to-heart and breath-to-breath. Thinking of others more than you do yourself. That's caring and sharing for others."
Mother Wright
Take this pet personality quiz.

What type of pet are you MOST attracted to?

If you were going to adopt a pet, which would you choose?

DOG

CAT

FISH

BIRD

SMALL ANIMAL
(e.g. gerbil, hamster, rabbit, ferret, pet rat)

REPTILE

HORSE

Did you know that research shows your choice of a pet reveals your hidden personality traits?

Now that you have chosen a pet, what is your choice saying about you?

The answers are below! Remember, this quiz is for fun and only partially based on factual scientific research.

DOG

You are honest, loyal, a team player. You forgive easily and are religious and compassionate. You’re a great kisser, but there IS that slobbering issue. Beneath that furry exterior, you hide a big heart and a desire to help others. You wag your tail until somebody pets you. It’s not a pretty sight.

CAT

You are not very traditional but are Sphinx-like and wise. You want what you want when you want it. You knew about “productsâ€Â
Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas Edison
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
The Dalai Lama

We are each of us angels, with only one wing. We can only fly by embracing each other.
Luciano De Crescenzo

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

You don't become enormously successful without encountering and overcoming a number of extremely challenging problems.
Mark Victor Hansen

Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
Demosthenes

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
Albert Einstein

Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel.
Napoleon Hill

Look for good in every person and every situation. You’ll almost always find it.

Your conscience teaches your mind how to "think"
your heart how to "feel"
your soul how to "obey"
and most importantly your body how to "perform"
extradinary "acts" of charity and human kindness.
toward your fellow man.

Copyright 2003 Joseph P.Martino
Lola really enjoyed them...thank you.. Image

Hope that your keeping well, will mail you later,

Take care, Maryann x
Hi Maryann Image

Good to hear from you, I'm fine, I hope that you & your dear Mum, Chloe & Chicco are OK.
Take Care of yourselves and keep in touch when you can. I'm glad that you enjoyed the quotes, I have some more that impressed me for now

I hope everyone here is OK

Take Care
Lola
x

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King

In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.
John Churton Collins

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
Proverbs 23:7

The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
Robert Byrne

Share our similarities, celebrate our differences.
M. Scott Peck

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
306 posts