[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Please help urgent - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Please help urgent

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.

children r like farts- u love yer own but not other peoples
Image Image Image
thought that would appeal to u lowrider lol

joking aside- no one should feel victimised for being themselves on their own property. your neighbours do need to have it explained and maybe a mid ground agreed on. it may be they have a problem themselves, up all night and need sleep during the day, i know im awful when ive been up all night with amy getting her up to the commode when she is unwell and we know some one doesnt have to look dissabled to need care. or it could be they r misserable buggers . a sit down with a cuppa and just talk with out arguing is very much needed, u might find u even like each other
good luck with it all
Hi all, thanks for the replies. Firstly i like to think we are responsible, our kids are never allowed out on the streets unless we are going for a walk with them. The 14 year old has a mental age of about 18 months, no speech and in nappies still. They can be loud in the garden and we tend to bring them in then when this happens. However they do like to be out in the garden, the oldest loves his swing bench.

I have tried talking to them but all we get is nastiness and that we have to sell up and leave and the whole communitys against us. Its a bit of a nightmare situation but believe me there is no kicking balls against fences or vandalism of any sort just they get noisy sometimes but it is excitement and happiness. Anyone got any ideas on calming the vocalising please shout.

cheers Tim
do u think it s just not understanding on behalf of your neighbours? because im a grumpy guts at times but kiddies playing is something that even on a bad day makes me smile. happy playing kids is how it should be
We are not talking about "brats" or kids will be kids, we are talking about children with disability, just because it isn't obvious ie a wheelchair does not mean it doesn't exist.
I would have a complete face off with anyone who complained about my kids, for one thing I'm not exactly enamoured with next doors stinking BBQ's every summer or any number of things I could complain about had I nothing else to do.
I would say if it were that bad then move but firstly why should you move, why don't they? Secondly you are just as likely to meet other ignorant people elsewhere.
I am assuming of course that such people have raised total angels but more likely idiots like themselves.
Vicky
or vicky they dont have kids

i bet on their kids r thugs that scare old people though

u find those that complain often have comlete brats that u could happily throttle
Not as if your lads are thugs, they are just simply letting off steam in their own back yard, have you thought about getting some information on autism for the neighbours, it must be horrendous for you all, i hope you get some help, guidance to sort an end to the situation from your social worker, proffessionals

if your neighbours can see over the fence get a blooming big one ,,,, could you go to citizens advice and find out your rights, is it intimidation and victimisation, your family should not have to live like this........sending my best wishes and please let us know how you got on.......mandy
Kids have a right to play outside, and some kids have disabilities which mean they make a lot of noise - screaming and so on. This causes a fairly major problem for anyone living nearby, as it stops them peacefully enjoying their own garden - which is a basic right too.
I dont think this gives them the right to make the parents life a misery, but I can understand that it can be a serious problem for everyone. I think if I was a parent in this situation I would be looking to find a more remote property, as it really isnt very fair to expect your neighbours to tolerate this kind of disruption, whatever the legal situation, without a serious breakdown in neighbourly relations.
I would love a place away from folk believe me but cant afford it. I will repeat that they dont make constant noise and if they do i will bring them in or take them out but it is never enough.
I would love a place away from folk believe me but cant afford it. I will repeat that they dont make constant noise and if they do i will bring them in or take them out but it is never enough.
It's never enough and it never will be most likely, so let them play outside, there is nothing you can do about your childrens condition.
Who are these neighbours anyway? Are they all childless very quiet people?
Hell would freeze over before I would accommodate bad treatment from neighbours or anyone regarding my children who both have autism.
The only time I bring my severe child in from the garden is if he is having a rage cycle and is obviously distressed but that is for his benefit and not the neighbours.
If they are not that noisy then do you suspect this is disability hate?
Vicky