[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Plans to scrap Incapacity Benefit for disabled carers - Carers UK Forum

Plans to scrap Incapacity Benefit for disabled carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I am worried about the green paper recently released which talks of the coming change in Incapacity Benefit. The idea is to create a new benefit called Employment and Support Allowance where each disabled person will be interviewed with a view to gettng them back into paid employment. I have read the paper through and see no mention of how they intend to treat disabled people who are unable to take paid employment but are still full time carers to their loved ones. Are we going to be forced out to work leaving nobody to do the caring or are we going to be forced on to Carers Allowance so that our money is severly cut? Many people I have spoken to are worried as to what is ahead. Anyone got any ideas? Image
This is typical of the government. They seem to think that disabled people can't be carers too.

As it's a Green Paper, Carers UK and Disability organisations can make that point - better still if there's someone out there in this position who could put themselves forward as an example? Image
Yes to me question what will happen to all the other Carers who are ill and disabled themselves.

The legislation is actually discrimminating against Carers on long term Incapacity like myself as the legislation does not take into account any disability you might have or if it is chronic and longterm or not.

Basically what the legislation say is that you are not allowed to be sick and very ill to be a Carer as well. Your money is reduced from £48.65 to ££25.45 per week but the catch is this is MEANS TESTED been lead up the garden path again as per uasuall.

Just absolute hogwash that legisaltion actuaaly undermines us all once again and goverment sit back laughing at the injustice.

Strike thats what we all should do l know it is radical but how much more degredation can we all take.

kenneth2dundee

ps dundee city council do nothing for carers in dundee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx