[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Permanent stress with Mother-in-Law - Page 6 - Carers UK Forum

Permanent stress with Mother-in-Law

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Let your husband know your doubts about it, or joke that no matter what you do it will be wrong and she'll be telling you!
For goodness sakes he knows how good you are being married!
Don't worry, it's her doing what she does, take no notice of it. Easier for me to say!

Let things calm and settle after all the upheaval and then try again.
Breezey wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:54 pm
Let your husband know your doubts about it, or joke that no matter what you do it will be wrong and she'll be telling you!
Don't worry, it's her doing what she does, take no notice of it. Easier for me to say!

Thank you for your kindness.
My OH wants to protect me from his mother's criticism. You know, when there is only me and her in her house, she sometimes is ok and we get along normally but sometimes she says hurtful things like criticising my parents. On the other hand, I see my husband needs some free time from MIL so I probably can endure some harshness for a couple of hours a week. My OH knows about my doubts. I know it will never be better with MIL whatever I do so let's take a plunge yet again. :silly:
It's probably what keeps her going!

I hope things calm down and that things can be sorted out for the benefit of you both.
Jolanta_1901 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:09 pm
Breezey wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:54 pm

Thank you for your kindness.
My OH wants to protect me from his mother's criticism. You know, when there is only me and her in her house, she sometimes is ok and we get along normally but sometimes she says hurtful things like criticising my parents. On the other hand, I see my husband needs some free time from MIL so I probably can endure some harshness for a couple of hours a week. My OH knows about my doubts. I know it will never be better with MIL whatever I do so let's take a plunge yet again. :silly:
me too