[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Party Leaders- can we vote for any of them? - Carers UK Forum

Party Leaders- can we vote for any of them?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
With everything that has been going on for a while now,MP expenses scandals etc,the clashes between the Leaders, also Health Ministers, and now these local battles, can we really have any faith in a particular party.

The row between the parties broke out after Labour’s campaign leaflets sparked the most heated exchange of Thursday night’s televised leaders debate, with David Cameron branding them “pure and simple liesâ€
I have no time for negative campaigning, I want to know what the parties will do, not what they allege that their rivals will do if in office. I think the following is particularly tasteless, not simply in terms of the Camerons but also in terms of the message it sends out about people with disabilities:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/electio ... oster.html
From previous campaigns Annie, have you seen any as bad as this?
Has it always been as bad but now with greater media coverage,more details get published etc.Its more a mud slinging competition than an election debate.
the millions who vote are condoning the expences scandal i like to call it fraud and theft
ask yourself this who has been prosecuted
david cameron gordon brown nick clegg all over claimed expences
the democratic system in the uk is dead its corrupt its rotten to the core
my vote hit the bin as soon as it came through the letter box
people fought and died for the vote they would turn in thier graves if they saw what fighting and dying for the vote amounted to today
heres one for evrybody how many have actually had your local mp knock on your door
it doesnt matter who gets in to power the greed the fraud will still continue
its a sad reflection on our society that people will still give these crooks a vote
mps who stole public money getting legal aid you couldnt make it up lol
as for carers getting a mention well thats a joke i for one would like a break but what i really really really want is more money for being a carer i want to be able to buy some clothes
instead of wearing the same coat for 8 years and buying all my clothes from charity shops
dont we carers deserve to live with at least some dignity.
NO

I was informed by the Laour partty that they will not remove the A.A. or D.L.A. from the over 65`s , but they may remove the A.A. or D.L.A. from the over 65s and return it to them in the form of "care services of a similar value"
what a con we aint stupid or are we ....

how many times must we say it A.A. & D.L.A. are not a " health care benefit" it is a benefit to help the disabled live a normal lifestyle and the benefit can be used for many things not just health care .....
From previous campaigns Annie, have you seen any as bad as this?
Has it always been as bad but now with greater media coverage,more details get published etc.Its more a mud slinging competition than an election debate.
Very tasteless, really quite appalling. But very funny!
I see the muckrakers are digging into Nick Cleggs background now too, I expect the tabloid journalists are literally bribing the dustbinmen to sift through his garbage, thats what passes for investigative journalism these days.
Very tasteless, really quite appalling. But very funny!
At times these last few weeks it has felt as if watching a bad comedy show. Keep waiting on Simon Cowell and co pressing the buzzers and 3 red X's appear Image

Seriously though, do you vote to get Labour out or do you vote to keep the party out that you disagree with their policies' the most.Theres not much between any of them but for me just now the Libdems are slightly in the lead. Thats to do with policies not Nick Cleggs TV performance. My dilemma is our Labour candidate is good for local issues. Minefield isnt it Image Image
I sent this email to the BNP:

Dear Sir

I am a carer for my severely disabled husband. Have been for 30 years. I currently receive £53 a week carers allowance.
If a carer from an agency was to do the same job as me (look after my husband), they would earn £553 a week. That's £500 more. Absolutely not fair.

If I was to vote BNP, what would you do for carers like me?

Kind regards,

This was their reply:

Dear xxxxxxxx,
I cannot give you any figures at this time, because I have not been able to talk to our benefits rep.
However, our policies are to give to those Britons who do work like yourself in home caring, a much better standard of living.
For example, the standard pension would increase from £83 a week to £150 a week. All British peoples on benefits that are ill
or retired would increase accordingly, including the carers of family members. We would finance this by not paying 40 million pounds a day into the coffers of the E.U.S.S.R. Stop
all benefits to illegal immigrants, no benefits to immigrants until several years of taxation has been met, the deportation of all foreign criminals, and
so on.

You have this party's heart felt support in your difficult situation.

Very best regards
Andrew McBride.
South East Regional Organiser
Donations to the Southeast can be made to
"The British National Party", by Cheque or P.O.
P.O Box 4114, Bracknell, Berks, RG42 9GF
Telephone: M-07926-831-855
Monday to Friday 9.30 am till 6 pm.
www.bnp.org.uk
Interesting Dorothy but I wouldn't have bothered asking them as we all know what the Nazi's thought of the disabled.
Vicky
Interesting Dorothy but I wouldn't have bothered asking them as we all know what the Nazi's thought of the disabled.
Vicky
And did to them. We have a BNP candidate for the first time in this constituency and his racist propaganda came through our letterbox this morning with a form to complete to request an information pack, I will be returning it uncompleted and without a stamp Image .