[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
out of hours gp - Carers UK Forum

out of hours gp

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Yesterday I rang 111 on behalf of my mum who I look after 6hrs later the gp came.my girlfriend who lives 18mile away had to call 111 for herself only had an hr wait. So frustrating system
nicholas_1612 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:16 pm
Yesterday I rang 111 on behalf of my mum who I look after 6hrs later the gp came.my girlfriend who lives 18mile away had to call 111 for herself only had an hr wait. So frustrating system
Have you rung before and asked for GP? Apologies if you havent of course...

My Dad went through a phase of calling GP out, ambulance and all sorts. In the end, GP used to either refuse to come out or take 10-15 hours to come out. Same with ambulance.

His fault of course - he lived 1/2 mile from surgery and point blank refused to spend £5 on a taxi.

Of course, not great because its like "boy who cried wolf" now if anything serious ever happens.