[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OUR timetable - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

OUR timetable

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
thanks sunny girl - you've made me think. i have a question - i though direct payments for care was being phased out. is this wrong? does everyone have the option to do this instead of care being provided by a trust? and what about the multidiscipline team element?
as far as i am aware the goverments (including the coalition government) have made it very very clear that care has to become more 'individual' budget based , people have got to be given the choice on how their care is provided , even if your local council only provides care for substantial and critical care you are entitiled to know how much this care costs and via a direct payment (or individual budget depending on the terminology used by your council) you can convert that into hours available to employ your own staff team , you or your husband if he has the capacity to do so will have to become employers but there is help and support available to support you to do this. so long as you do not over spend your allocated budget you can employ people on a timetable that suits you and your husband not as dictated by care agency availability. You would have to make it clear that your staff are expected to work alongside your 'medical' team and where need be , they can be trained by your multi disciplinary team . it is vital you create a team player attitude if you are to get the best out of your staff. I work as a paid support worker via direct payment and my husband employs his own staff to help with his care and support needs so i am quite familiar with the system , if you wish to chat and ask questions for further info if you email me via private message i will give you my contact details and try to point you in the right direction. my main worry is i do not understand fully the welsh system but can get info u may need from a welsh friend .
best wishes