[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Opinions on this please ? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Opinions on this please ?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I hope you get answers soon, too barrowgirl.
We are fortunate enough to have the support of the learning disability nurse for our son. She has been on the sick, had surgery,but has been talking to me via email,and is attending the appointment with us nextweek to see the Diabetes nurse,to help us get the point across tha we feel something more than just a hypo, because,like you, when things change, you know that there must be a reason and you and your other half need to know and to get it sorted out.
Good luck.
Hi Barrow girl,

I am not at all knowlegeable about depression but I do know a fair bit about strokes. I think a stroke could be a possibility here. The sleeping after not being that long out of bed is one of the things that happen after a stroke. It is very tiring and sleeping a lot is one of the signs I would look for. There are memory tests you can do like the usual ones when was the war? who is the prime minister? then personal and simple stuff what is the cat's name? or niece/nephew? what street do we live in, where do this or that family member live, what is the car registration number, when did we move to this house etc. Strokes do strange things, like someone could chose a full set of clothes all matching but then pick very unsuitable shoes. Things like the PIN no. for the bank account used almost daily can be forgotten but something silly like the school locker padlock no. will come to mind. Strokes can also change personality because the thought are all changed. The sooner a stroke is found or discounted the better. If there has been a stroke at any level it is important to start treatments asap.

Hope you get info soon

Little Lamb
Thank you for all that info everyone.I also think the dramatic sleeping pattern increase is disturbing.Saying that,I feel absolutley shattered myself now Image , it's prob all the stress.Off to bed soon ,I just hope we hear from mental health soon.
B.x
I'm so glad you've had some good news that your dr is on board with all this. All the best{{[hugs}}}
Hi all- if you are referred to the mental health duty officer , how soon would you expect to be seen ? my G.P is back in on Tuesday and if I have heard nothing I would like to be able to say to her ,I thought we would have had a call by now.Or have I got it wrong ?
many thanks
B.x
Hi all- if you are referred to the mental health duty officer , how soon would you expect to be seen ? my G.P is back in on Tuesday and if I have heard nothing I would like to be able to say to her ,I thought we would have had a call by now.Or have I got it wrong ?
many thanks
B.x
It varies from case to case..but if I were you I'd phone on Tuesday.
is he on medication for depression? I'm not a mental health worker but my nan has bi polor and I was in a relationship with some 1 like your husband. From my own experience anti depressants and anti psychotics can have profound effects on a person.
hi- yes he's on meds , but he's been on anti deps for ages. very small amount of anti psychotic not too long but I don't think it's that but am in the dark here.
Today I saw a friend who has had me well confused. She said if it's dementia or he needs testing for dementia , it's not mental health I need.I have no idea who it is then ?
can't stay as he's in a foul mood and I want to get out of the way.I will deffo be going back to the GP tues and will have to get something sorted for sure as I feel I can't cope much longer Image
thanks
B.x
daft question but would a social worker help ? what do they do? how can they help ? anyone know?
thanks again
Hi Barrowgirl,

I am greatly concerned about your statement that you "cant stay around because he is in a foul mood and you want to get out of here". If you are in any danger, or if you have children, get yourself to safety as fast as possible. I have had a rather shocking experience today with my caree and have taken advice and see things differently now. Just because they are classed as disabled it does not make them angelic!

Be very careful and look after yourself (and any others)

Little Lamb
Thank you little lamb.I can't wait for Tuesday to come.I laid low last night and am staying out of the way today.I have a terrible migraine or I'd drive off somewhere.
I think it's crunch time here but I hope my gp won't let me down.
thank you for your concern,
B.x