[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DOUBLE standards??? - Carers UK Forum

DOUBLE standards???

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Image Image Image Image
This looks like a fun thread , but I think I might enjoy it better from the sidelines.... yes I'll stand by with a bucket of water in case it gets too hot ...
Yes I was puzzled why William's wedding attire wasnt mentioned. Perhaps they could wear matching white suits, or is he allowed to wear dark clothes as hes obviously 'a bit of a lad' and thats ok Image
I've always been puzzled by that... "A bit of a lad."

Which bit? Image

I was always told that the white dress goes back a very long way to when the bride was effectively passed into ownership of the husband. Something about undamaged goods...

We've moved on since then, I hope.
I will be watching this one with interest,Audrey.x Image
It is a bit of a cheek in the 21st century, if Kate should wear white, and then be criticised for it,and William not criticised in any way for whatever he wears. After all, living together is what they are doing AS A COUPLE.
I just don't get this white thing. We have already heard on another thread that wearing white on your wedding day is a sign if hypocrisy if you re not a virgin. A tad medieval perhaps! What is this "pure"? When I think of the barbaric lengths some cultures go to ensure "purity" of the bride, it makes me shudder. This is a supposedly civilised country in the 21st century for God's sake Image
I believe they should be allowed to wear whatever makes them happy, it's their day. Me I'd've happily worn jeans and t shirt, what you wear bears no relevance to the commitment being made.
What really upsets me about the suggestion that it is sinful and hypocritical to wear white on one's wedding day if one is not a virgin is that in the 1970s I burned all my frilly, sexy bras and wore those hideous dungarees and Doc Martins and it was all for nothing Image Image .
What really upsets me about the suggestion that it is sinful and hypocritical to wear white on one's wedding day if one is not a virgin is that in the 1970s I burned all my frilly, sexy bras and wore those hideous dungarees and Doc Martins and it was all for nothing Image Image .
Image Image Image

You could always go and buy some more frillies Annie. Image Image
Image Image Image

You could always go and buy some more frillies Annie. Image Image
It is sleep I need these days not sex Image.
Sleep, what's that????