[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How much can you earn before CA is affected - Carers UK Forum

How much can you earn before CA is affected

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
What are the rules about working and getting CA ?

I took early retirement at 50 and receive my Civil Service pension. I do get CA.

I have seen a part time job (15 hrs) in the local paper for a Reprographics Assistant paying £95.07 per week.

As I was in reprographics for much of my working life, I quite fancied it, and was just wondering whether I would be allowed to do it. I so would I be any better off financially or would I break even or be worse off. After all the adjustments to benifets.
you can earn about £105 per week , before you lose carers allowance , but not sure if you may lose any other benefit..
won't a pension be taken into account as part of the £105?
I am not really certain Jimbo, perhaps the Carers UK helpline will be able to advise?You don't want to be any worse off.
at the moment we can claim carers allowance , even though we have occupational pensions , but it may affect your earnings level ,,, not sure
Thanks for your input 'chums'. Because of other /complications, I decided not to proceed with this
Occupational pensions are ignored for Carers Allowance but not other benefits.

You can earn £100 net without it affecting Carers Allowance but other benefits are affected, including Council Tax and Housing Benefits.

It's always best to try your local CAB or the helpline.
CAN ONLY ECHO WHAT HAS BEEN SAID.ID ADD THAT I DO FEEL CARERS ALLOWANCE EARNINGS LIMITS ARE FAR TOO LOW.
Too true, Maxi
don't forget ca is taxable and you will pay more tax than you think because of it
Hi Guys, I really feel it's a catch 22!
As a Carer the time you can get out to work is pretty much limited so it's difficult for most to work for more than a few hours.
Due to this your earning potential is really affected! Image

I mean, with the current rules, you can earn just enough to lose any much needed assistance with rent & council tax but not earn enough to make a real difference to what is already a precarious financial situation. Image

It 'aint easy at all, it's a minefield isn't it? Image
Marie x