Not new....but bit of advice again.... please?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi all,

I don't know if anyone will remember me, but I was the lass who's Mum was making life a bit difficult back end of last year...

I used the contact form on this site just over three weeks ago as I wanted to ask if I am able to re-apply for carers allowance (I notified DWP soon as mother went into hospital and when she came out, but have had no payment now since Dec 4th) We have had to bite the bullet now and get full time carer help as mother has no mobility at all due to arthritis in both knees & hip, she can weight bear to some small degree but cannot transfer to commode which is permanently next to her recliner chair, which she sleeps in. She is 92 in August and needs 24 hour supervision which I had managed to do alone, for many years until November 2017. I still live with my mother, do all the cooking for her and carer, shopping, cleaning and alternating 'night shift commode duty' as well as daytime breaks for our carer, who has made life so much more bearable here.

I havent heard back yet from Carers UK but didn't like to pester them, as I know how busy they must be, but really would like to know, what, if any help i can get as money for all mother's care is giving me so many sleepless nights now, esp as the Power of Attorney form got sent back claiming parts werent filled in right (our solicitor handled it, on Jan 4th)

Is it better to phone Carers UK does anyone know please? Bless you in advance for any guidance x
Hello Diane

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back fro m the Adviceline team - I'll flag your post to Admin to see if they can 'chivvy' the team along !

Unfortunately due to shortages of staff and volunteers the Adviceline team can only take phone calls on Mondays & Tuesdays at the moment, although they should be answering emails (advice@carersuk.org).

In the meantime you should certainly be able to re-apply for Carers Allowance again so I'd suggest getting in touch with the DWP. Have you claimed Attendance Allowance for Mum ? (https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... gIxgvD_BwE) which would help support your claim for CA.
Hi Susie,

Thank you for your kind reply. I guessed they are very busy and I truly didnt want to be a nuisance to them.

Mum already has Attendance Allowance and continues to have this. She went into hospital on November 9th with pneumonia & delirium and at 91 I feared the worst and duly alerted DWP about my carers online - I did tell them that I obviously didnt know how long/if discharge date would be. I did complete online form to tell them she was back home on the 13th Dec, but my payments stopped on 4th & I have never heard back.

Mum now needs two of us caring as after quitting smoking whilst in hospital, she has gone from size 10 to size 14+ and I just can't lift her onto commode alone anymore alone. She also suffers from oedema in both legs and has a leg ulcer (suspected skin cancer) which the district nurses attend to twice weekly so she has to be on water tablets - hence commode is constantly needed!!

Thank you - I will try Carer email again - am panicking so much as have filled in council tax form thinking I was 'in abbeyance' and all was well re my carer allowance being re-instated.
Diane_1603123 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:36 pm
I guessed they are very busy and I truly didnt want to be a nuisance to them.

I did complete online form to tell them she was back home on the 13th Dec, but my payments stopped on 4th & I have never heard back.
Firstly you wouldn't be a 'nuisance' :D

Secondly I think you do need to contact the DWP and see what has happened to your CA being re-instated. I would have thought it should have started again by now ? I don't know the answer but would think it should be back-dated to when you let them know you were caring again. Frankly I don't always trust that online forms get looked at and prefer to make a phone call and talk to a ' real' person !
Are you getting any help from Social Services for mum? Don't end up with lifelong back problems, make sure you have an Occupational Therapy Assessment arranged by SSD too. As she has mental health issues, did you know that those classed as having "severe mental impairment" are totally exempt from Council Tax?
Have you asked the district nurse or LA occupational therapist for a sit to stand hoist for your mum's transfers. Mum has a minilift 125 which transfers easily and securely.
Diane_1603123 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:49 pm
Hi all,

I don't know if anyone will remember me, but I was the lass who's Mum was making life a bit difficult back end of last year...

I used the contact form on this site just over three weeks ago as I wanted to ask if I am able to re-apply for carers allowance (I notified DWP soon as mother went into hospital and when she came out, but have had no payment now since Dec 4th) We have had to bite the bullet now and get full time carer help as mother has no mobility at all due to arthritis in both knees & hip, she can weight bear to some small degree but cannot transfer to commode which is permanently next to her recliner chair, which she sleeps in. She is 92 in August and needs 24 hour supervision which I had managed to do alone, for many years until November 2017. I still live with my mother, do all the cooking for her and carer, shopping, cleaning and alternating 'night shift commode duty' as well as daytime breaks for our carer, who has made life so much more bearable here.

I havent heard back yet from Carers UK but didn't like to pester them, as I know how busy they must be, but really would like to know, what, if any help i can get as money for all mother's care is giving me so many sleepless nights now, esp as the Power of Attorney form got sent back claiming parts werent filled in right (our solicitor handled it, on Jan 4th)

Is it better to phone Carers UK does anyone know please? Bless you in advance for any guidance x
Hi Diane - sorry to hear that you haven't hard back from the Adviceline for over three weeks. They are usually able to respond within a week but we've had some staff sickness in the past couple of weeks so response times have been longer. I've forwarded your post to them and they should be in touch within the next couple of days.

Best Wishes

Michael