[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
From the outside. - Carers UK Forum

From the outside.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Thinking aloud.(And,I wish to state my usual preface to what follows.These views are my own,I do not ask that you share them,love them,jump into bed with,and cuddle them.They are just my views,how I feel.I submit them with no offence intended at all.)

I was just wondering,if I were a non-carer visiting our forum,What I might think?.

Well,I might think there some very dedicated folks here.

I might think that theres no way on Earth,if I could avoid it,Id want to be a carer.

I might think the government,past and present,has failed carers utterly.

I might think that life should not have to be like this,that the preasures,stresses,nightmares,and challenges are,at times just too much.

I might think,with the endless moans about state benefits,money etc,its just pretty pointless.
maxi,your probably right on all counts,caring is not a good career move,the benefits system stinks,governments have failed and there's no point moaning as a single voice,but i think if we all moan as a group somebody might listen and changes might happen,we all long for the good old days of normality in our lives knowing they aint coming back.
They might also think that there are some pretty amazing people out there who provide wonderful care for their loved ones, often in difficult circumstances & without the support that they need. They might wonder at the deep love & devotion these people have for their spouses, children, siblings, parents, other relatives & friends that causes them to devote so much time & energy to their caree's wellbeing.
Regarding the practical and emotional side of caring whatever people thought on reading this forum and other carer forums would be dictated according to how selfish/unselfish, caring/uncaring their own personality and character is?
The money / benefit side of it all I think most would understand and agree that caring is vastly under paid and not surprising that carers complain about the extra stress of worrying about finances causes?
Oh no.........i thought it was a site for car lovers. Image Image Image
Never mind, Michael. At least you're not stealing the meerkats' bandwidth!
Image Image Image Image Image
Never mind, Michael. At least you're not stealing the meerkats' bandwidth!
I was going to say that Alexander will be round to see Michael......but he can't cos Alexander is busy holding a solar lamp on my garden steps....I don't what his grandfather would say Image Image Image
I think,in the end,for some outside the carers domain,they can never get it,understand it.Some might see carers as a worthy bunch,but forget next moment and get on with life,dont we all.