real wage of a carer...

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I have been reading all the discussion on the forum about how much money carers recieve... I thought I would just make a note to show our real worth - even though we do not get anywhere near as much money as those shown... its just a ditty and I would appreciate anyones thoughts or you can add to it:

The job of a carer often consists of many employments all rolled into one here are some of the following and just an estimate at how much these different types of employment may offer someone to do their job: (all only rough estimates - feel free to add any

Carer £48.65 per week

Nurse £280 per week £14'560 per year
Cleaner £220 per week £11'440 per year
Laundrette (washing and ironing) £160 per week £8'320 per year
Hairdresser £220 per week £11'440 per year
Adiminstrator £250 per week £13'000 per year
Taxi driver £300 per week £15'600 per year
Interpreter £320 per week £16'640 per year
Chef and cater £280 per week £14'650 per year
Counsellor £340 per week £17'680 per year

Im sure there are more that I cant think of right now - but this shows our value is far more than what we actually get totalled up its £ 2'370 per week or £ 123'330
and thats only a guess....
You forgot the job of b enefits adviser, £16k+ A year Image
personal bodyguard £30+ k per year
paramedic not sure how much they earn? maybe £18k
And what about the role of us unidentified unpaid Carers who spoon feed, change incontinence, wash the soiled items, clean up sick, do occupational therapy, physiotherapy, provide social involvement and activities, etc etc....
The paid care workers who do this get at least the min wage!
We have to prove we 'work' doing this for 35 hours a week to get 48.95 per week CA. (those of us who are able to qualify for it).
And we have to train the paid care workers!
Good thread this.
I only get carers allowance too - I too have to change nappies administer medication, deal with seizures on a daily basis, do exercises with my daughter and many more things -
many jobs you missed but good example .

but our problem is even if carers allowance did not exist we would still do it and thats why government will not help us .

george
Well I've just done Mum's nails, painting them is the only way she can see her hands now so what do manicurists earn Image

Paula xx
thats why I said feel free to add Im sure there are plenty Ive forgotten and posted the thread just for discussion and remembering how much we do as carers and how little we seem to get rewarded for it...
little LAURA loves to do the old dol`s nails when we were in BELGIUM a few months ago i was asleep in room after driving 450 miles with only couple of stops i was well tired when i woke up yes toe nails done lovely plum colour .

GEORGE
little LAURA loves to do the old dol`s nails when we were in BELGIUM a few months ago i was asleep in room after driving 450 miles with only couple of stops i was well tired when i woke up yes toe nails done lovely plum colour .

GEORGE
Image Image Image Image Image Image