Norfolk cuts

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
County Hall set to make £22m cuts

County Hall bosses have today unveiled proposals to make up to £22million of savings, with children and the elderly likely to be the hardest hit.

Norfolk County Council representatives were delighted earlier this month upon learning that it was to get more funding from the Government than initially expected.

However, despite this, bosses say the rising cost of providing services, coupled with increasing public demand for them, means it will still have to find £22million of savings during the 2008/9 financial year in order to keep Council Tax rises to a minimum.

Tax payers are now being given the chance to have their say on where the savings, efficiencies and cuts should be made.

Daniel Cox, leader of the Conservative-controlled council, said today: “It's always the case that we will have some really tough choices to make in our budget.

“What we are trying to do is present the case for various options so residents can give us their views on where they think we should be going.â€Â
thanks Rosemary
Thank you Rosemary.
Sorry Rosemary, I presumed you had put this on for carers in Norfolk.
It is headlines of our local paper.
Many thanks anyway and forgive my presumptions.
Wendy
Like with any articles they are put on for everyone,not just those that live locally.
Raising awareness about what is going on in various parts of the country is important.

It makes no difference who posts or what article covered,the main thing is sharing of information.
What affects Norfolk today may happen in other counties too.
nice to know that.
It will save me some time.
Wendy
Like with any articles they are put on for everyone,not just those that live locally.
Raising awareness about what is going on in various parts of the country is important.

It makes no difference who posts or what article covered,the main thing is sharing of information.
What affects Norfolk today may happen in other counties too.
Thank you for putting these articles on the board, Rosemary, not only do articles such as this, as you identify, show trends in changes in social care which may effect many of us but I'm sure I'm not alone in having family and friends living in other parts of the UK and this sort of information can be invaluable, in my case my elderly mother lives in Norfolk while I live in another county so this was of particular interest to me.

Annie
You're welcome Annie.Nice to see you and hope all is well with you and yours.