[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
night off - Carers UK Forum

night off

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
what should i do? i arranged to go out tonight with some friends as mum is usually in bed early and asleep by 8.tonight she was in bed but started seeing things on the curtains and in the lamp shades.she got a bit upset,she didnt know i was hoping to go out.she is having some tests for memory at the moment.i have cancelled my night out but wondering if i could have gone once she was finally asleep.this christmas has been a complete disaster with other things going wrong too.regards janeb.
Really difficult one Jane.

Reckon you did right cancelling given situation. You don't know when she would drift off and think better to make decision rather hedge bets.

Next time could see what they doing after and maybe you could join them later if circumstances allow?
Hi Jane
My guess is you wouldn't have enjoyed the night out because of worrying about your mother. I know it's so very disappointing.
Your mother may have a urinary tract infection which can cause hallucinations. Needs checking asap.
Look forward to meeting your friends soon, perhaps with someone sitting with your mother?
Sorry to hear you are having problems
Given that your mother had been upset and had been seeing things, I think you were wise to stay at home that evening.