[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New Government.... new nation? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

New Government.... new nation?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
what is interesting is that, as someone who is some distance to the left of New Labour, I find the proposals of a Tory/Lib Dem alliance closer to my my values and beliefs than the policies of previous New Labour government.
Spot on, Annie, I'm having similar thoughts. In an attempt to camouflage the toxic brand of the Tories, capture the middle ground, and compromise with the Lib Dems, Cameron may well now be to the left of Labour on many key issues. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but I for one would like to see the boundaries of the State drawn back with more scope for local management of services and a thriving voluntary and social enterprise sector, Co-ops, Mutuals and so on.
It's these local powers that the tories were banging on about pre election that worries me the most, for instance giving schools more power, they already seem to have ample power where I live and we have schools run by the staff for the staff as it is!
Ed Balls is one labour M.P. I wont miss but I really thought the Tories would have a good answer to his education policies but most of it is a cross between airy fairy or more of the same Image
Vicky
So....with this new conservative and lib dem gov does that mean we're now a...
...'con-dem-nation?' Image
Brilliant Marie Image Image Image
ponder this your next vote wont be for 5 years Image
Thank God for that ....
So....with this new conservative and lib dem gov does that mean we're now a...
...'con-dem-nation?' Image
That's better than mine Image

Damn Government, damnation.

Re wales/scotland etc. have they conned dem nations as well ?
I think the UK democratic process seems to have failed us.

What do others think?
marie x
What democratic process ?
Democracy in this country is about having the occasional use of a pencil. Things are so bad that the pencil is on the end of a string.
I think of it like this:

You're on a narrowboat on a canal. Ahead the canal widens into a basin. At the far side of the basin, the canal continues through a tunnel. It'll take 5 years to reach the tunnel and you can steer the boat only today. It could be a windy year next year.

Mike.