[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NEW CONSERVATIVE DOCUMENT TO FIX BROKEN BRITAIN - Carers UK Forum

NEW CONSERVATIVE DOCUMENT TO FIX BROKEN BRITAIN

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
So the conservatives can "afford " to give married couples £20 per week so why cant the labour party give carers £20 per week pay rise now.
Iam sure we are doing more for "BROKEN BRITAIN" then a couple who may have been living together for years and just by getting married get £20 per week extra.
we sure are doing more for Britian than two singles living together.

what is the matter with these politicians. if only they could spend some time in carers shoes, they would realise that they should be paying US a lot more than an extra £20. do they not realise that the country would fall apart if we all gave up. I wish we could come up with a way that is acceptable to show them.
Yet again the role carers provide is totally overlooked - why am I not surprised Image

Paula xx
Hi there

Whilst wanting to remain politically neutral, I feel I must point out that the Tories document does include a proposal to double Carers Allowance to £90 a week.

This article in Daily Mail reports it.

I've not had chance to look at it in detail, and of course the devil always in the detail, but regardless of that, it does indicate that through our lobbying and campaigning we are pushing this further up the political agenda.

Matt
Have looked around at various statements incl daily mail you are right they do say it should be doubled like many people we vote for the party that will help us so if the cons are prepared to double the allowance they may get my vote.
in newcastle we had to pay full council tax as my parents war pensions were classed as earnings but the liberals said they would disregard war pensions so many people voted liberal they took control of council and straight away we got council tax benefit 50%( i had to pay my half) also housing benefit and some help re day care allowance.
so if we have a chance of extra cash vote for them.
one thing that annoys me is this thing about working for £85 before we lose allowance ive got many contacts and could get part time job no problem but as usual who looks after the old doll if we had free day care and not have to pay for it i could keep my hand in with work and prepare me for the day when i may have to return to work mind you iam 56 on 2nd aug dont send to many cards just send presents that have a plug on one end.
thank you for pointing that out Matt - i missed that.

i have just emailed mr.duncan smith and asked him if he is going to include retired carers in his proposals.

pam
Good idea Pam, I hope you get a good response.

Paula xx
so why cant the labour party give carers £20 per week pay rise now.
remove the overlapping rule and carers get more than £20 a week
We have published a statement about the Breakthrough Britain proposals.

http://www.carersuk.org/Newsandcampaign ... 1184151211

One thing to note is that these are recommendations from a Think-tank and have not yet been adopted as actual Party Policy.

Matt
Well yes and to top it all our mr Cameron has a disabled son but as we know he has more than enough money and helpers to possibly look after his son so he and his wife can do many other things.

WHTA ABOUT A CARERS WORKING TAX CREDIT FOR WHAT WE DO £45 PER WEEK NON MEANS TESTED OFF COURSE BUT THAT IS TO SIMPLE AND TOO COSTLY AS THEY TREAT US AL WITH THE CONDEMNATION THEY DISH OUT TO US ALL.

We have to to just basically lump our lot and just meander through degradation,inhumand treatemnt and the continually breaching our human rights day in day out with nobody lifting a finger to help us.

Perhaps becuase it is not MEDIA HYPED OR FOCUSSED ENOUGH TO WARRANT A MENTION.

KENENETH2DUNDEE