[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Can we afford out pets now?. - Carers UK Forum

Can we afford out pets now?.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
In this DEEP ecconomic mess,cuts,etc,can we afford the cost of pets?.

Can we,anylonger afford to keep The Queen,her households her houses,family,staff,etc,etc.Like some exotic high-maintaince tropical fish,to be viewed from-time-to-time,can we afford such luxury pets as the royals?.

Moreover,how many carers can benifit from the monies keeping such specimins in luxury being re-routed to carers help?.
In this DEEP ecconomic mess,cuts,etc,can we afford the cost of pets?.

Can we,anylonger afford to keep The Queen,her households her houses,family,staff,etc,etc.Like some exotic high-maintaince tropical fish,to be viewed from-time-to-time,can we afford such luxury pets as the royals?.

Moreover,how many carers can benifit from the monies keeping such specimins in luxury being re-routed to carers help?.

another hot topic here maxi. you sure get everyone talking or agruing hehe..

i for one totally agree with you on this although the is the arguement that she does good for the country. so maybe keep her and get rid of the rest of them along with the house of lords
i senced that the queen is one pet people will really howel in favour of,or otherwise,either way,its a dogs-dinner of an issue.
I was wondering (to jump slightly off topic) about the MPs who had second houses and cheated the system gaining extra expenses etc. Shouldn't they technically be charged with benefit fraud? I mean, expenses are a benefit of their job. And don't they get their money from all those 'working peoples' taxes? i.e. the same as benefits claimants? Or am I misunderstanding?

Sorry, I don't know what's up with me tonight, I'm in a ranty mood, ignore me.
Very good point, it is just another form of Housing Benefit if they rent or Mortgage Interest Payment if they own, what is good for the geese...

As for the Royal Family, any Republican tendancies I had were swept away at the thought of Blair as President and they do no harm, actually do some good, great for the tourism industry, for example, although I am not sure that the income which they generate in their various roles matches the cost, much of it is intangible. I would retain them but at lower cost, their estates generate sufficient to keep them I would have thought, and I do like the Scandinavian model where they work plus I actually think that being a part of wider society is beneficial for them, I mean would you like to be born to be monarch!
it made me a little sad when i read 'can we afford our pets' as when i look at my dog i know that she has been put in a position of having to understand that some times there is going to be a loud bang followed by a bit of cursing at some point when my husband has yet another fall. but, she jumps up and runs to my husband and seems to be making sure that he is ok and has actually helped him on more than one occasion by sitting with him while he regains composure while i pick him up off the floor.
what is my dog worth....well to me she is priceless.
it made me a little sad when i read 'can we afford our pets' as when i look at my dog i know that she has been put in a position of having to understand that some times there is going to be a loud bang followed by a bit of cursing at some point when my husband has yet another fall. but, she jumps up and runs to my husband and seems to be making sure that he is ok and has actually helped him on more than one occasion by sitting with him while he regains composure while i pick him up off the floor.
what is my dog worth....well to me she is priceless.
I agree when Pat was in hospital with her Amputations and Heart attack the dog's kept me going.

I have a close family but at night i was on my own apart from our 2 dog's they were great company.

As people say they are only pet's but to me they are more than that.
John
unlike mps,peers.the queen,and the rest of the so-called "Establishment",who my taxes and yours support,while we struggle,they wallow in wealth,my little dog,loyal,loving,ever true,and,asks only my companionship,for all its moody moments,my dog,who takes me as i am,is so-wonderfull,he,i do feel merits,deserves the loving home he has with us,for he makes it so,by his loyalty.

those others,hangers-on,royals etc,beneath contempt,in my book.
Pets are priceless, they can achieve what doctors and professionals cannot in some cases as told in this amazing and moving account

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/health-new ... -22630321/

A lot of homeless people keep pets, and some of them would rather sleep rough than abandon their best friends. Thats good enough for me.
I have a pet spider called Boris.
Only joking.
As for the royal family, in my view they should put the job of monarch out to tender every four years to the highest bidder. I would love to have a new King, roll on King Rupert Murdoch or King Oppenheimer, or Queen Kylie, come to that, it would be so funny! We need some show biz and glamour, and the current lot of boring Germans and Greeks are a bit short of that, plus nobody knows how they got the job in the first place.