[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mythical 24/7 Carers? - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

Mythical 24/7 Carers?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
103 posts
Re anarchy: In my opinion it is an intellectual concept that wouldnt work in practice. certainly not in our current global economy. In a democracy the state is or should be something that represents the interests of and protects the citizen. Maybe you have more faith in human nature than i do. Without the rule of law, without some means of curbing the less desirable aspects of some people's nature do you really think all human beings would conduct themselves in a mutually supportive way?

Hi doug Image
in my opinion it is an intellectual concept that wouldnt work in practice. In a democracy the state is or should be something that represents the interests of and protects the citizen. Maybe you have more faith in human nature than i do. Without the rule of law, without some means of curbing the less desirable aspects of some people's nature do you really think all human beings would conduct themselves in a mutually supportive way?
I agree - Anarchism is an "ideal" like all such Utopian constructs, but that doesnt mean that it cant influence the thinking of mainstream or minor political parties. The Green Party in particular owes much to C19th and C20th anarchist thinking in policy areas like for example co-convenors and so on. And in Europe and the UK, Greens are increasingly being taken very seriously indeed, with a presence in nearly all assemblies as well as local government. The State may be a good thing, but you can have far too much of it, and many people (not just right wingers) feel that the State has eroded so deeply into the fabric of society that it has removed our freedoms, and needs to be severely trimmed back.

The impact on local social services would probably be to return decision taking to local communities and reduce the domination by professionals and politicians.
Myrtle and Maxi,

Yes we do all share the same experience in a general sense, but until one experiences the final moments of end-of-life care, nobody can presume to have a deep understanding of what one goes through because it is unique to the individual . I can assure you that one's life experience certainly changes ones perspective there on and here after...
All our experiences are unique, which is why sharing is so valuable.
And I have experienced end of life care Image
i'll have to look up co conveners now lol...and i've run out of time for now.

Sure we are going off thread with this lol

Totally... But maybe it had run out of steam and was starting to go round in circles anyhow! Image

Totally... But maybe it had run out of steam and was starting to go round in circles anyhow! Image
Very much so. round in circles just like carers at times!!!! Image Image

Why not start a thread and discuss it in it's own right??
Yep sometimes it's best to agree to disagree Image
Yep sometimes it's best to agree to disagree Image
New thread has been started Belle. Image Image
haha ..i hadnt noticed...obviously lol!
haha ..i hadnt noticed...obviously lol!
lol, too much government!!!!
103 posts