[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Renfrewshire Carers Centre - Carers UK Forum

Renfrewshire Carers Centre

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi, does anyone attend Renfrewshire Carers Centre or any other carers centres? Just wanted to let everyone know that I have found that attending the centre has been the best thing ever for me. The training and support from staff and other carers has made such a difference in my life.
Strange - I attended the same Centre and though it was rubbbish! Different strokes for different folks. It was ok if yoyur face fitted - mine didn't obviously! Image

Eun
Strange - I attended the same Centre and though it was rubbbish! Different strokes for different folks. It was ok if yoyur face fitted - mine didn't obviously! Image

Eun
Sorry to hear that, Im wondering how long ago that was? The first time I got in touch with the centre years ago no one phoned me back but it has got so much bigger now. Maybe you could give it another go? The training sessions really helped me and the staff have been very supportive and genuine.
I'm serving as a Trustee of Carers Link, in Milngavie. We provide a great range of useful services for carers of all stripes across East Dunbartonshire : http://carerslink.org.uk/
Thats great Scally. I attend a lot of the carers forums, and hope to go on board of directors soon.I think the more carers that get involved the better as we are the experts.
Thats great Scally. I attend a lot of the carers forums, and hope to go on board of directors soon.I think the more carers that get involved the better as we are the experts.
Yes, it is a great way to help other carers, and there is always a need for people to help out. Trustees usually just rubber-stamp the paid officers advice. It is a doddle. In theory. But the big question to ask any potential Trustee is: "have you got the bottle to fire someone you like personally, because they are not just ineffective but also damaging and manipulative" ?

Not easy, but essential, otherwise things can get very bad, very fast.
Yes, it is a great way to help other carers, and there is always a need for people to help out. Trustees usually just rubber-stamp the paid officers advice. It is a doddle. In theory. But the big question to ask any potential Trustee is]
Yeah, thats a difficult one, but you have to keep emotions out of the situation when you re a board member or trustee. Easier said than done sometimes, and I always aim to treat people with respect, as I would expect them to treat me. My son says Im too soft, but hey ho, thats who I am. He also says I should have been a social worker, as Im good with people lol