[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mother who met PM asks to put disabled daughter into care - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

Mother who met PM asks to put disabled daughter into care

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
110 posts
Today the voices of other parents of children with disabilities were all over the Media, during a phone in on BBC Radio 5 live parent after parent spoke with grace and eloquence about the love they have for their special children but how the lack of support, respite, sleep and the continual battle for services had driven them to the end of their tether.

I spent much of the day in tears.

respite
If we were to listen to some of the arguments here, we might be foolish enough to believe that wealthy people with caring responsibilities dont also shed tears. That would be very dangerous indeed.
he choose that life and he didnt care alone or waiting on benefits he could afford to pay for the best care and not have to wait for it or get told there is no help for you..
The best care didnt save his sons life, so it didnt help much, did it? Money isnt everything, is it?
he choose that life and he didnt care alone or waiting on benefits he could afford to pay for the best care and not have to wait for it or get told there is no help for you..
The best care didnt save his sons life, so it didnt help much, did it? Money isnt everything, is it?
no it did not save his sons life. but then it did stop him not having to care 24/7 on just benefits if he lived how most carers do then he would help us.. he is only helping this women because of the tv and press otherwise he wouldnt reply to it

no it did not save his sons life. but then it did stop him not having to care 24/7 on just benefits if he lived how most carers do then he would help us..
Most carers dont care 24/7 on benefits, Paul. At least half of us are in employment, many of the rest have an occupational pension, and most of us get a good nights sleep. Lets stick to the facts.

no it did not save his sons life. but then it did stop him not having to care 24/7 on just benefits if he lived how most carers do then he would help us..
Most carers dont care 24/7 on benefits, Paul. At least half of us are in employment, many of the rest have an occupational pension, and most of us get a good nights sleep. Lets stick to the facts.
well i dont get a good nights sleep and dont work or get pension. just me benefits and i am sure i am not the only one on here like that
So what you are saying Rob is we're all right and stuff the rest? Those who do care 24/7 on benefits - or do you just want to wash your hands of us like the government do?

Eun
So what you are saying Rob is we're all right and stuff the rest? Those who do care 24/7 on benefits - or do you just want to wash your hands of us like the government do?

Eun
well said eun..

Eun
No, that's not what I said. What I said was if you want to campaign effectively then stick to the facts, and dont let your emotions (or the gallery) carry you away into la la land.

Eun
No, that's not what I said. What I said was stick to the facts, and dont let your emotions (or the gallery) carry you away into la la land.
i did stick to the facts. alot get nothing apart from benefits..
110 posts