[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mother who met PM asks to put disabled daughter into care - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Mother who met PM asks to put disabled daughter into care

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
110 posts
That this situation came to a head,picked-up from the net coments of the childs Father,as I understand it,we must keep to the fore.Its TRAGIC.AND it is so very urgent and I really feel for this family.
We had to do the same. I had phoned SS,and begged for support as I was on my knees with exhaustion. I had to admit defeat.
The offer we were given, all we could do, was to let our younger son go into a hostel, where apparently he would be given more support with mental health issues.
I will NEVER forgive myself for believing them. NEVER. Less than 12 months later and Rhys had died. Of the very thing I begged for support with. NObody would believe me, at least nobody in authority.
I have had much criticism from people who do not understand disability and caring, from friends and family who believe Rhys should have stayed at home.Of course he should, but I am not a robot,I needed a break of some sort.I even have to struggle next month with respite care for our elder son, when we attend our younger son's inquest.(Even the I will still be a Carer for my husband).
My mind feels as though it will explode some days, just trying to keep everything inside it.
Paulingreece I do hope everything works out alright for all of you. I know how difficult it will be for you.x
(((((((((((((((((((((Paulingreece)))))))))))) xx
Carers are making the sad decision to opt for care homes every hour of every day. For lots of good reasons, not just respite or cash.
The main reason this particular story hit the headlines is that the child is hauntingly beautiful and the mother had excellent connections, including having met the PM previously. And of course, we should never forget the Zeitgeist ... sometimes a story hits just the right moment in history.
What really gets on my nerves is that "Poor David Cameron" didn't need to give up work to care for Ivan (RIP) and having only had him for a short time, he doesn't really know how we are affected by the grind of daily care or how the simple things like a few extra hours support a week can make so much difference in our lives.

While he was still an MP, David would have easily have managed to provide for all of his family's needs, right down to respite care as and when it was needed, yet there are so many of us out there who's backs are well and truly to the wall and we are forced into these heartbreaking decisions day in and day out because of all the cuts he is making.

On the other side of the coin though, it is articles such as this which highlight our cause and the difficulties we face every day, which can only be a good thing if we all get a little further in our efforts to get the help and support we need.
[What really gets on my nerves is that "Poor David Cameron" didn't need to give up work to care for Ivan (RIP) and having only had him for a short time, he doesn't really know how we are affected by the grind of daily care or how the simple things like a few extra hours support a week can make so much difference in our lives. ]quote,SummerHope.
Also, David and Sam Cameron did not have to worry about paying the bills when Ivan died.My family used a credit card to pay for my son's funeral and all the other expenses that came with his death.It was £3000, and we had to fight to get a grant towards it, which was not received for about four months anyway.
I feel sick at the thought of it happening again to someone close to me, not just because I would lose them, but the trauma that comes with no money.
I think we can all make a choice: whether to fight against poverty or to fight for carers rights and recognition. If we have enough energy we can even do both, but they arent synonymous.
I'm also against poverty, but through good fortune I'm not especially poor, and the fight for carers rights is a fight for all carers, regardless of financial circumstances (which can be quite temporary anyway). Cameron was just as much a carer as you or I. But I have never had to watch my child die: that must be a very heavy burden.
I see that Rob. I understand it. I also feel sad that they lost their son.
Perhaps I am just jealous of their lot tonight,some days it is much harder than others to keep struggling on.
Perhaps I am just jealous of their lot tonight,some days it is much harder than others to keep struggling on.
I know its tough; but I'm not sure I would wish to swap my life for theirs. They might be financially secure, but they carry a very heavy burden of responsibility for 60 Million people at a very difficult time. At least nobody can wake me at 3 am to tell me that there has been a terrorist attack and expect me to come up with an instant solution.
I know its tough; but I'm not sure I would wish to swap my life for theirs. They might be financially secure, but they carry a very heavy burden of responsibility for 60 Million people at a very difficult time. At least nobody can wake me at 3 am to tell me that there has been a terrorist attack and expect me to come up with an instant solution.
he choose that life and he didnt care alone or waiting on benefits he could afford to pay for the best care and not have to wait for it or get told there is no help for you..
110 posts