[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
More barriers by more services - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

More barriers by more services

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Breezey wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:30 pm
Good luck Butterflies

If you can't have a fiend as witness, see if there is a local advocacy charity that can attend with you.
There's no local advocacy services, only one commissioned by the local authority + CCG that have caused all the problems. Experience of advocacy support in the past has contributed to excerbating the situation; as my Mum's advocate lied in a meeting that my Mum does not want me involved in her care. If I'd know all this palaver would have taken place, I would have checked with my Mum if she wants me in charge of everything when I sorted out Power of Attorney for Health/Welfare then things may have stood a chance of being different.

As to the MCA, I have carried out research and cannot find any reference where I have the right to be present at my Mum's house; as there have been umpteem failings since 2012 and am exhausted. Have you any reference?

Thanks
Lasting Power of Attorney comes directly out of the Mental Capacity Act, and therefore if they restrict your use of it, they are in breach of the law.

This from gov.uk (with emphasis by me):
Health and welfare attorneys
As a health and welfare attorney, you make (or help the donor make) decisions about things like:

daily routine, for example washing, dressing and eating
medical care
where the donor lives

You might need to spend the donor’s money on things that maintain or improve their quality of life. This can include:

new clothes or hairdressing
decorating their home or room in a care home
paying for extra support so the donor can go out more, for example to visit friends or relatives or to go on holiday
You must ask for money from the person in charge of the donor’s funds.

Refusing or consenting to treatment
Check the lasting power of attorney (LPA) for instructions about refusing or consenting to treatment.

You’ll need to:

show the LPA to care staff
sign medical consent forms
make decisions in the donor’s best interests

You can't do those things if they ignore you. Yet you have the say - but check the wording of the LPA first on health matters.
Charles_2112 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:42 am
Lasting Power of Attorney comes directly out of the Mental Capacity Act, and therefore if they restrict your use of it, they are in breach of the law.

This from gov.uk (with emphasis by me):
Health and welfare attorneys
As a health and welfare attorney, you make (or help the donor make) decisions about things like:

daily routine, for example washing, dressing and eating
medical care
where the donor lives

You might need to spend the donor’s money on things that maintain or improve their quality of life. This can include:

new clothes or hairdressing
decorating their home or room in a care home
paying for extra support so the donor can go out more, for example to visit friends or relatives or to go on holiday
You must ask for money from the person in charge of the donor’s funds.

Refusing or consenting to treatment
Check the lasting power of attorney (LPA) for instructions about refusing or consenting to treatment.

You’ll need to:

show the LPA to care staff
sign medical consent forms
make decisions in the donor’s best interests

You can't do those things if they ignore you. Yet you have the say - but check the wording of the LPA first on health matters.
As far as I am aware there are no restrictions to my using the Power of Attorney I have for Health/Welfare, the restrictions have always been place by professionals involved where they have always prefered dealing with each other excluding me.
The upshot of everything is that the Phlebotomist who phoned me the day before they were booked to take my Mum's blood test, it was decided between themselves my Mum be passed back to the GP Surgery, as in their words I 'put the phone down' (which has gone on my Mum's record); when infact the conversation had naturally ended. The reason why there was a referral in the first place from the GP Survery, was due to the GP Surgery Nurse phoning me at the last minute to rearrange. I am expected to not only be perfect, but to bend over backwards like there's no tomorrow. Since when has services become dictatorships? Such level of bureaucracy is playing with people's lives.
I've found on many occasions that carers are treated well as long as they agree with everything. But some professionals hate to be questioned. And especially hate to be proven wrong. That's when things get written up in a way that can't be challenged because (of course) a professional "would never lie." Except when you catch them out and can prove it. That's the hard part.

In my work, I came across multiple examples of this.
Charles_2112 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:11 am
I've found on many occasions that carers are treated well as long as they agree with everything. But some professionals hate to be questioned. And especially hate to be proven wrong. That's when things get written up in a way that can't be challenged because (of course) a professional "would never lie." Except when you catch them out and can prove it. That's the hard part.

In my work, I came across multiple examples of this.
That's the key, Carers have had the backing of the Commissioning Team at the council so have avoided agreeing with things and treat me as the problem. Professionals have always been above ethics, as they don't act 'professionally'. The Care Agency Manager insists the Carers are reliable, responsible, trustworthy and honest; they've repeatedly lied about damaging/misusing my Mum's property - the local authority instead of supporting me deal with this back them. There must be way of redress than having to go through faulty complaints proceedures that don't resolve anything, things have been getting worse since 2012.