[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Money as a gift - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Money as a gift

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
... and , unlike a Court of Law , one has to prove themselves innocent ???
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:25 am
... and , unlike a Court of Law , one has to prove themselves innocent ???
Yep!
I suppose they have to err on the side of the potentially very vulnerable caree??
sorry to revive this thread, however it seemed to me that it's kinda weird to say your mum how much money she should give you, don't you think so? By the way, speaking of money as a gift? What do you think: is it better to give your close people money as a gift or real gifts, like memories and emotions received? I'd personally rather enjoy something real, not money, I mean, money you can earn on your own. Last week I had birthday, my family ordered a basket full of beer I was dreaming of it for so long, you can't even imagine. Great gift!

Edited by moderator to remove advertising link
Jacqueline_180912 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 pm
We are still self funding atm but my Mother wants to give us generous presents this Christmas as she wont have any savings very soon.

How much can she give without it becoming deprivation of assets?
It all depends on her choices, and how much she can give without it being a problem. Honestly speaking.