[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Miss/Mrs does it matter? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Miss/Mrs does it matter?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I hate Ms I am actually Dr/Mrs but use my maiden name for Dr as I married late. Quite happy to be Mrs but computers and others get completely confused.I just live with a dual personality! I am now retired so am Mrs most of the time!
Mrs Bridget Leech(Dr Shevlin)
I go by as Mr D.I.Y. BL---Y.SELF Malcolm as no one else will Image Image Image

Thank's Audrey Image Image
we dont think Ferretrider is a miserable old git in any way at all do we?x
I don't think you are, Ferretrider I was quite shocked by your post 'cos I like your sense of humour and it comes across on the forum. I used to work in a shop and as a waitress and ppl like you - who have a laugh - were what made the job more enjoyable. Be yourself and don't let a few odd ppl curb your personality - if they don't like it they can "jog on" as the youth today would say. However if you want to be a miserable git - well I think we all do that from time to time with good reason.

Going back to the thread (sorry folks for going off-topic), Bell I'm one of those annoying ex-wives! Kept my married name for kids sake as they were all young when we divorced and haven't bothered changing since they've got older 'cos of all the paperwork eg bank, insurance etc. My maiden name is similar to Meg's surname and nobody (outside the family) could spell it or get the first letter right which becomes a bind especially over the telephone.

As for Miss/Mrs or Ms - I'm not bothered, it doesn't define who I am.

Footnote: How is Ms supposed to be pronouced? Is it Mzzzzzzzzzzzz ?
Yes it is Mzzzzz.

That goes in the last sub-section of the 'M' s, by the way!
I am Miss! Never married or had a sex change, but since I care for my mother and we live in the same house people assume my title is either Mrs or if not - Mr!
Use Mrs or Ms depending on my mood Image
Never call me 'dear' and never say 'take care dear' Image Image Image
Now then Now then, as I was promptly by the TART that reported me
and lady's you'll have to excuse me but you are Miss until you are 18/21 year's old
and then if you get married you are Mrs ,OK Then between the age of 18/21 You are Mzzzzzzz
Until the age of retirement then you return to Miss after 60/65 because you become
A spinster if not married Now come on girl's it's not that complicated is it Image Image
It's quite simple it's just like all these people in the shop's keep asking me if I
want a bag I keep telling them I've got one at home but I don't think
they believe me Image Image Image Image Image
Ok me old duck how's you bin then Image Image Image Image
Ok me old duck how's you bin then Image Image Image Image
Fit as a flea me old china Image Image Image Image
In my life I've been Miss, Ms., Mrs, Ms and then Mrs ... in that order. I think Mrs and Miss should be done away with once and for all. They are completely unnecessary and potentially discriminatory labels.

I've gone by my maiden name, my married name (husband No.1), back to my maiden name, then with a year my married name (husband No.2.) My maiden name was impossible for anyone else to spell or pronounce correctly without instruction, so I was quite happy to change (both times) to the much simpler surnames of my husband. I'm done now though, I'm sticking with the current Mr. and surname.
I get fed up with the Miss/Mrs lark but in a different way. I have never been married and have never put anything on an official form that I am anything other than a MISS. But, because I'm over 18 I must be married therefore I am a MRS. I am sick and tired of people referring me to MRS Robinson. When people ring me and ask for Mrs Robinson I tell them that there is no Mrs Robinson at this address. Even the tellers at my bank have called me Mrs and there is nothing on their system that tells them that I am a Mrs and I have to correct them that I am a MISS.