[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MEMBERSHIP RENEWEL - Carers UK Forum

MEMBERSHIP RENEWEL

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Image HI ALL MY MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES ON APRIL 8 CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I GO ABOUT RENEWING MY MEMBERSHIP FOR CARERS UK THNXS IN ADVANCE
Buying Matt a pint gets you automatic renewal Image Image

I will flag this up for Matt and Chris. One of them will contact you.

Rosemary
Hi Wolfman

Membership renewal should happen automatically - or rather you don't need to do anything, we will contact you, usually by letter and ask if you want to continue being a member. The letters go out in batches once a month, so it's possible there may be some crossover and it arrives a bit later than April 8th.

If you want to get on and renew you can do over the phone. Call our Membership line on 020 7566 7602, you'll speak to Janice Brown who is our membership manager. Or email membership@carersuk.org

And thank you for being a member of Carers UK!!

Matt
Crumbs, I thought it was a once in a life time membership. I had no idea we had to renew at any point? Image

Pete
Crumbs, I thought it was a once in a life time membership. I had no idea we had to renew at any point? Image

Pete
Ha ha! Someone hasn't read their "letter from Janice" recently. She takes no hostages, I can tell you that after 20 odd years of membership - and I think she has probably been around even longer than me, which is saying something! Actually when - or should I say if - she ever retires, I do hope that Matt passes round the hat, she would probably be amazed to know in what high esteem she is held by the old lags like me simply for keeping going when the best of the rest move on to pastures new ....
Excalibur - Not sure when she started but it was in the 80s. Janice worked for the Association of Carers pre-merger, that led to Carers National Association in 1988. So it's at least 22+ years.

Pete - Our "membership dept" (aka Janice) ask all our members to renew annually. You should get a letter.

Pete - Our "membership dept" (aka Janice) ask all our members to renew annually. You should get a letter.
Thanks Matt, I've been a member since April 2008 and have never recieved a letter from Janice. I'll wait with bated breath for it to 'plop' on our mat and do as I'm told like the good boy that I am. Image .................well something like that?

Pete Image
Pete, I think there's a little confusion here.

You can be a member of CUK and a member of the forum - either or both.

Looks to me like you've joined the forum (April 2008) but not necessarily joined CUK. As a member of the forum you can read and reply to posts. As a member of CUK you can have a closer relationship with CUK in terms of policy making, etc. For people on low incomes, membership is free although obviously most charities - and CUK is no different - would prefer it if you can afford to pay something towards membership costs. I joined CUK about 2 1/2 years ago, after being a member of this forum for about 3 years.

You can join online here:http://www.carersuk.org/Aboutus/Joinus
Oh I see Charles. I had problems joining because it didn't like my long email address, so Christine did it for me over the phone, by setting up another email address. That no longer works for some unknown reason, but I still get emails on my original one OK. Very odd?

The link you kindly supplied says it no longer works, so I will have a look around the site and join ASAP.

Thanks for taking the trouble to enlighten me Maestro Image

Cheers Pete
Not so much a Maestro as a Metro, Pete! Image Image