[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HealthWatch Social Care & CARERS Reports : HIGHLY Recommended Reading !!! - Carers UK Forum

HealthWatch Social Care & CARERS Reports : HIGHLY Recommended Reading !!!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
What do people want from social care ?

12 pages of findings / observations in .pdf format ... click link off the " Summary " page :

https://www.healthwatch.co.uk/report/20 ... ocial-care

In PLAIN English and strongly recommended to ALL readers.

Asks a lot of questions and reports the answers ... some might amaze you in their naivety ... obviously , far too may have NOT read numerous postings on this forum !

Spend 5 / 10 / 15 minutes reading it ... most will NOT regret it !
Chris, I can't get the link to work. Can you investigate please?
Thanks BB ... direct link now replaced by the Summary page ... clicking the link off that works.

Additional report now available ... link as follows :

https://www.healthwatch.co.uk/report/20 ... ng-carer-0

What's it like being a carer ?

Key findings

Our research suggests that:

Carers are not always aware of their rights to an assessment and information and advice.

Carers only start looking for help when they reach a ‘crisis’ point. Any delay in accessing support at this point has an adverse effect on their health and wellbeing.

Carers have to wait an average of 57 days for services once they request support. This, in and of itself, is not an overly long wait, the problem is that people are only requesting support when they have already reached crisis.

Many councils (48%) do not know how many carers are in their area, very few councils (30 or 23%) were able to say how long carers were waiting for services.

Oh dear ... INFORMATION ... again ????????

Posted today ... full sp in .pdf format off that page ... that can stay on this thread ... I'll have a read shortly.

Interestly , the survey sample ... dwarfs those undertaken by CUK and that other outfit by a country mile !

Only the annual survey can compare.

STOP PRESS ... AROUND 6,000 A DAY ARE JOINING OUR ARMY ... THEY MUST LIKE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET OUT BY OUR LORD KITCH ???

PERHAPS REPLACE " JOINING " WITH " PRESS GANGED " A LITTLE MORE CLOSER TO THE TRUTH ???
Thanks Chris. Works perfectly now.
Your welcome.

Duff links ?

Whatever next ?

Exposing the deceipts / lies / untruths / half truths / scandals / cop outs / dodgy practices in CarerLand ???????

A bit like Private Eye ... no outfit wants to feature in one of my more inquisitive threads ???

I curse .pdf format ... the second report is definately worth posting in full on here !!!

IT REALLY IS A GOLDMINE OF CURRENT INFORMATION !!!
One VERY revealing fact from the CARER report.

If I've read it right ... since the Care Act , 2014 , the number of carers seeking support from their LA has DROPPED ... not INCREASED.

Add on the daily increase in our numbers and ... WHY ? ... when the exact opposite result is almost a certainty ???

Perhaps approved / rejected comes into the equation ... more being refused support services ???

" What's the Care Act when it's at home " ... says our bog standard carer.

" Dont ask us as we will then have to comply with it " ... says our bog sub standard LA.

Could be as simple as that ... if you don't ask , you don't get ?

Shades of CHC ... " Obliged " to inform patients / carers ... what happens when you don't inform ????

Shame David Grayson's visit to the forum came before the Report ... that would have made an interesting question ... and for CUK to learn first hand what's really happening in CarerLand.

Worth a separate thread on it's own ?