[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Maybe Im Getting old.... - Page 6 - Carers UK Forum

Maybe Im Getting old....

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
We see that differently too.I really dont see much point word-playing.Wont mean a thing anyway.Pointless excurtion.
I think,in-the-end,everyone will do their thing their way,and,thats what makes the world go round after all.
basically its how life is,i guess,anyway.I just feel theres enough conflict,petty squabbling and anger going on in this world.I try not to get into such twaddle.

Debating "Respect" is,to me,pointless.Your either into it or your not.No real point to debate.
Not a case of semantics, word play, at all, Maxi, words are our primary means of communicating, it is important that we use the correct words in order to avoid conflict.
I try not to get into such twaddle.
twad·dle
intr.v. twad·dled, twad·dling, twad·dles
To talk foolishly; prate.
n.
Foolish, trivial, or idle talk or chatter.
Not a word which is easily misunderstood, some might say its use in the context of other people's posts is disrespectful Image .
If we all lived by Maxi's maxim all crime would go unpunished because we couldn't have the victims made to feel better by seeing their tormentors get their just deserts could we? We couldn't possibly ask to have our self esteem returned to us - that might be "disrespectful" to those poor souls. We couldn't possibly be allowed to take comfort in them learning a lesson in humility? That's not bullying- it's their punishment. Thankfully my experience of bullying hasn't left me feeling that any act of rudeness or insensitivity means a person is attacking me or is a bully. Everyone has their off days and some "gruff" people can often be very nice characters. I certainly don't expect the whole world to fall down on their knees for me.
And if we lived by Maxi's Maxim (it is cute isn't it Image ) victims would be perpetrators and perpetrators would be victims for want of a simple understanding of the difference between two words Image Image .