[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Marathon update - Carers UK Forum

Marathon update

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi everyone

The marathon is now less than 3 weeks away and I thought you might all be interested to hear how I'm getting on. It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since I had months and months of training ahead of me and the thought of running 3 miles seemed ridiculous, never mind running 26.2!

On Good Friday I completed my last long training run of 18 miles! I've now entered the tapering stage which means I'll be running less each week, just maintaining my fitness level and making sure I'm well rested for the big day (April 13th).

Thanks to everyone who has sponsored me so far, its made me even more determined to succeed on the day and raise as much as I can for Carers UK. If you'd still like to sponsor me you can do so by going to christine.swarbrick@carersuk.org.

Best wishes

Christine
Good luck Chris.

x x x
You are brave Christine.
Good luck to you.
Wendy
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has sponsored me. My running partner and I have raised almost £4,000 for Carers UK and we'll be focusing on that when we hit the dreaded wall on Sunday!

If anyone is thinking of watching the coverage on the BBC and hoping to catch a glimpse of me I will be wearing a red T-shirt with a white Carers UK logo and my name in black writing on the front. If you have BBC Interactive, via the red button, you can watch continuous coverage of the finish line throughout the day. All being well I'll be crossing that line between 2.45pm and 3.45pm so keep your eyes peeled!

I'll let you all know how I got on next week.
Hope all goes well Chris and your training pays off.

Make sure you have plenty Radox in Image
I will certainly look out for you Christine and sending you lots of positive thoughts.
Well done with raising such a lot of money and hope that it will keep you going.
Wendy
Go for it, Christine!

Good luck with the fundraising - no doubts about you completing the run. Even if your eyes'll look like this: Image
Good luck Christine!

Paula xx
Image Good Luck Christine, I would like to guess your target has already been met
Gordon

Good Luck Christine
John