[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lovely Paramedics :) - Carers UK Forum

Lovely Paramedics :)

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Just thought I would write about our good experience as I'm always quick enough to moan so I do try and talk about the good things as well!

My son's had a pretty bad day today and his seizures were worse than normal - not to the extent that I'd have called an ambulance but I was concerned and of course the doctors' surgery is closed so I rang 111. Very nice lady, very calm and methodical, went through everything with her and she said they'd said a crew out to check him over. Ambulance arrived about twenty minutes later and they were just lovely; very good manner with my son, gave him a thorough check up, did advise me to see the GP during the week as they picked up an irregularity in his heartbeat but other than that didn't feel he needed to go to hospital (which was good!). They were just very kind and patient, one of them used to work with autistic children so she really knew her stuff and we had a good chat and they told me to call 999 any time I was worried about him as it was always better to check than to worry - really lovely to hear that and not be made to feel like a nuisance as I know many of us are when we want our loved ones checked over properly.

I am going to email the service later just to say thank you and how good they were as they really were lovely and it does make such a huge difference when people are nice and take your concerns seriously.

Anyway, just thought I'd share something non-moany for a change, lol :) He's okay now, tucked up in bed watching videos and being waited on hand and foot :)
Thank you for sharing, MwC. Definitely good to hear the good stories too. Makes all the difference when professionals are diligent and genuinely caring. Also good that son seems to be over the worst of it.

Melly1
Melly1 wrote:Thank you for sharing, MwC. Definitely good to hear the good stories too. Makes all the difference when professionals are diligent and genuinely caring. Also good that son seems to be over the worst of it.

Melly1
It's amazing the difference it makes when people are polite and friendly, Melly! We changed doctors' surgeries a couple of years ago and although the new ones aren't doing anything medically different, they are so much nicer than the last one that they've made things easier just because they listen and don't keep trying to fob me off.

He seems okay now, he's had his dinner and a bath and is down stairs watching tv. He's been barely conscious most of the day so whether he'll sleep or not I don't know. I've been up since 5am and I'm shattered, lol, so I'm already in my PJs and ready for a nap :)
It makes a huge difference when you get support like that and it will mean an awful lot to the team to get that feedback from your email. Glad to hear your little one is feeling much better this evening :D
Sandra_1502 wrote:It makes a huge difference when you get support like that and it will mean an awful lot to the team to get that feedback from your email. Glad to hear your little one is feeling much better this evening :D
Thank you, Sandra, he's fine now, I think he might have been up all night and he's full of beans this morning so quite clearly fully recovered :)
It is amazing how caring these paramedics are. We had to call an ambulance out a few weeks ago for my daughter who was really unwell due to the heat. They checked her out thoroughly and although she didn't need to go into hospital they stayed for nearly 2hrs chatting and giving her a pep talk. I was so impressed and grateful.
Maxwell_1602 wrote:It is amazing how caring these paramedics are. We had to call an ambulance out a few weeks ago for my daughter who was really unwell due to the heat. They checked her out thoroughly and although she didn't need to go into hospital they stayed for nearly 2hrs chatting and giving her a pep talk. I was so impressed and grateful.
Ah that's lovely to hear, Maxwell, that sort of personal touch makes such a big difference, doesn't it? Obviously not possible in every situation but it's great when it's doable.

A friend's daughter is a paramedic and got married recently. She went to visit a photographer about taking some pictures of the wedding and had that funny feeling she'd seen him before. He said the same and they went through the usual ways you do of working out where you know someone from - and they realised that she was the paramedic that had saved his life when he'd had a heart attack :) Who better to take some lovely pics at your wedding?! :)
No one better and how perfect!
What an amazing story. It is so heartwarming to hear that there are so many good and caring people out there.
It's always nice to hear some good to offset the bad. Thanks for sharing!